Drip Tips Compatibility Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

caspur

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
Hey Everyone. So first of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the support I've been receiving ever since joining ECF. This is truly a great forum full of intelligent individuals.

The questions I bring to you today are about drip tips.

I've become fascinated with these guys, as I love how they look, and how there are so many different types.

What I am wondering now is the difference between all of the types of drip tips. I don't mean the style difference (aka flat tip, calabash, vase etc), but I mean the ecig type (510, kr808, 801 etc)

My specific questions are:

I found some really cheap drip tips sold as "Mega Ego drip tips". I am wondering if these drip tips, although SOLD as an ego drip tip, will fit in my 510-boge cartomizers?

I also found some 99 cent aluminum drip tips for "801". From the screenshots, I swear that it appears they will fit a 510 cartomizer, but I wanted to ask before I buy a bunch in bulk.

Anyway, that is all I was wondering, and I'm hoping that these drip tips will fit in my 510 cartomizers/atomizers!!

Thank you!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Unfortunately, no on both counts, assuming that you are using a standard Boge cartomizer. "Mega" refers to the larger eGo atomizer, which is a wider diameter than a standard 510. 801 is also larger than what you have. What you want is anything that fits a 510 atomizer/cartomizer.

Hold onto them. If you ever purchase the ego mega dual coil cartos they will fit on that.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
If you order a 15-pack of cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping you get a free syringe and drip tip. You can pick which drip tip you want so it's a super cheap way to collect a bunch of them. I use a different color drip tip for each carto I vape regularly so it makes it easy to know what juice is in each carto.
What PV are you using? CCV has the Boge 2.0ohm and 3.0ohm cartos and they also have the Ressurector cartos which are awesome. Their prices are good and with the free stuff makes it a great deal. They also guarantee all carto purchases which is really awesome bc most vendors only have a DOA warranty, and they also have free shipping which is nice when you just want to get some cartos.

I also recommend getting one of the big belly drip tips if you don't have one already. CCV just recently started selling them, unfortunately their not one of the options offered for the free one when you buy cartos, but you can buy one for a few bucks. I just got the blueberry one and it looks great on top of a Ressurector on my Epower, and i think they would look really nice on a boge too. They have cool looking swirls in them and slightly change different shades of the color when the light hits them. I really like the shape of them and their very comfortable on your lips. Their a snug fit when you put one on for the first time but go on and off easier after a day or so. I actually really like that they fit snugly bc they stay in place and don't fall off when your PV is in your pocket. They actually sort of remind me of the Cherry Vape Pawn drip tips, except their only $3 compared to $8

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
All of my cartos are standard popular 1ml cartos. Boge 510, V4L and Bloog/Volt KR808D-1 cartos

Boges are a bit slimmer than other standard cartos. 801 is a totally different model and their drip tips are always sold separately so I would never assume an 801 would fit 510/KR8/901 which are often but not always exactly the same size. I also would never assume any Ego or Mega drip tip would fit in a normal 510.

My KR8 cartos are a teensy bit wider and I actually have one drip tip type (clear colored vase from Gotvapes) that will fit in my KR8's tightly and not in my Boges. The Marbled vase ones at Gotvapes fit in both. The clear color non-swirl ones at LiteCigUSA.net fit both but more loosely than I like in the KR8. The clear color swirl ones at LiteCigUSA.net are a bit fatter and too tight for my Boges but fit the KR8. The original Twist/Swirl drip tips Nhaler and others sold and probably still sell did not fit my cartos. The fancy acrylic Cherry Vapes Ming and Pawn drip tips I have do not fit any of my cartos. The acrylic itself fits but the o-ring bulges too much. Some vendors of these actually state "do not fit Boge". Some members say they sand the o-ring to make them fit.

And BTW - my Totally Wicked 510 (clone I imagine) atomizer is too narrow for any of the drip tips I use on my cartos. I managed to shove an aluminum 510 drip tip (LiteCigUSA.net) into the atty most of the way. That's all I had that fit.

Unfortunately in some cases it just depends on whether they used the skinnier looking black o-ring, the thicker-looking black o-ring or hard red o-ring. In most cases the drip tip would fit if not for the o-ring sticking out too much.

BTW 306 drip tips are often designed to fit over the straighter sides of Cisco 306's and may not fit as well on Joye 306's.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Kalamazoo Vapers used to sell 306 drip tips that would fit inside a Boge 306 carto. I ordered 3 in September, but no longer see them on the website. Perhaps he would stock them again if there was a demand.........Kalamazoo was the only place I was able to find them at that time.

Just a note about the 306. I just got in today, 2 converters. You slip it over the 306 atomizer and then the user can use any 510 drip tip. I haven't tried one yet but just thought I would post it. They are fairly new but from talking to folks that have bought them, they are pretty pleased.

* 306 to 510 Drip Tip Adapter Black Delrin [306 to 510 Drip Tip Adapter] - $4.00 | Best Electric Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
My experience was that the regular 510 DTs fit both the 510 atomizers and 510 cartomizers, but the regular 306 DTs would only fit the 306 atomizer, not the Boge 306 cartomizer.....I have that 306 to 510 DT adapter, but the adapter still will not fit the Boge 306 cartomizers. I have no idea why the Boge 306 cartomizer is such a strange size.........The special cartomizer 306 DT from Kalamazoo is the only thing I found that would fit inside a 306 Boge cartomizer. I only use Boge so I can't speak for any other brand carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread