Drip tips with Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Okat I got my Delrin drip tip this morning. I have the V4L kit which uses the KR808d-1. At first I tried pulling the rubber part out of the end of the cartomizer and popping in the drip tip. I could not tell any difference.

Now, having read that with the drip tip you are supposed to drip onto the atomizer, I got the idea to remove the filler material from the cartmizer, and drip through the drip tip into the now empty cartomizer, since the atty is in the center.

It seems to produce MUCH better flavor this way, and more vapor as well. I just wanted to make sure that this is okay to do on a regular basis, because I haven't been able to find any info about doing this.

P.s. I do use a manual battery so it is sealed.

Also, are there any other mods to make better use of the drip tip with my kit? Perhaps a normal atty to use with the drip tip or something?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
you are using a cartomizer, not an atomizer, and no it isnt to be used like that, the carto with a drip tip is meant to be able to keep you filler wet without having to pull the cap off and fill or use the condom method to fill. You may want to order some real Atomizers and use your drip tip on them, if your using A KR8 you would want to buy some 901 Atty's or an adapter going from a KR8 to 510 and try a 510 Atomizer. I would suggest an Ego Batt though and some LR-510 Atty's with your drip tip if your looking for more vapor and flavor. Hope that helps you out a bit, but I wouldn't think your getting to good of a vape just using the little wire inside of a carto plus it would be kind of a leaky situation dripping into a bear bones carto, your batt must be getting liquid all over the carto/Batt connection

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
I do the exact same thing sometimes.
After you take out the filler, you still have the little air straw in the center so its easy to put a couple of drops in the bottom without having it leak out the battery hole.
It's not quite as much vapor as using a proper atty (I sometimes us a 901 atty for dripping on my 808) but it works very well, gives great throat hit, vapor, and wonderful flavor compared to using a cartomizer the regular way.
Just don't expect the modified cart-now-atomizer to last too long. They are meant to be disposable

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Yeah...what he said.
Trial and error. No biggie. I use a drip tip with my cartomizers as well as atomizers. Fill them up, put the drip tip on and just drip in every so often.

When I started using cartomizers a few months ago (after mostly dripping on an atty), I did use a drip tip in just that manner. Lately, I've happened to discover I prefer vaping without the drip tip and without an end cap on the carto--everything just open. I think I get better accuracy applying juice to the filler instead of down the center hole. Mainly though, I think the larger diameter of emitted vapor makes everything better.

I'm using KR808d-1 cartos (the Premiums from LitecigUSA) on an eGo battery, with the necessary adapter.

Captain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2010
Charleston, SC
A fluxomizer is a ce2 type of cartomizer branded by gotvapes that uses a reservoir and wick system rather than a pollyfill type filler system to hold the juice. Like the difference between an oil lamp and a zippo lighter.

index.php

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
Have tried the adapter & 510 atty's without success as I don't want a big TH, just a good tasting vape.
I also have some CE 2's like the Fluxomizer & they will drip a little with good flavor.
Just put in the mouthpiece that comes with them after dripping a couple of drops in & vape.
Haven't tried the 901 atty's yet, but who knows what will be next.
With the hardware changing as rapidly as it is I might just wait for someone to bring out a dripping atty for the KR808.
It has to come eventually.
Just look at the eGo-Tank system.
In the mean time I will just keep using 70/30 PG/VG juice so it feeds through the cartomizers.

:vapor: louis :vapor:

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
you are using a cartomizer, not an atomizer, and no it isnt to be used like that, the carto with a drip tip is meant to be able to keep you filler wet without having to pull the cap off and fill or use the condom method to fill. You may want to order some real Atomizers and use your drip tip on them, if your using A KR8 you would want to buy some 901 Atty's or an adapter going from a KR8 to 510 and try a 510 Atomizer. I would suggest an Ego Batt though and some LR-510 Atty's with your drip tip if your looking for more vapor and flavor. Hope that helps you out a bit, but I wouldn't think your getting to good of a vape just using the little wire inside of a carto plus it would be kind of a leaky situation dripping into a bear bones carto, your batt must be getting liquid all over the carto/Batt connection

The idea of a drip-tip on a carto is to simply have the advantage of easy-top-off… So there is no need to remove the filler. However, the MOD the OP is going for is perfectly all right. Those are threads connected with this ‘carto-to-atty’ mod:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-nf-carto-mod-kr8-atty-510-vertical-atty.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tip-cheap-dripping-atties-cartomizer-mod.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...t/157209-turning-cheep-cartos-into-attys.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread