The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Drip Tips with Cartomizers?????

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by LadyAmethyst, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LadyAmethyst

LadyAmethyst Full Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Rifle, CO
    V4L has a drip tip that the description says “This drip tip is aluminum construction and designed to work with our cartomizers.” How do you use them? I didn't know you could use a drip tip with a cartomizer. :?: :confused:

LadyA

2. bjannr

bjannr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 23, 2010
    NE Pennsylvania
    I use drip tips sometimes with my cartomizers that have the filling in them. I just drip on an angle I do fill them first before putting them on a mod. I drip just to keep them topped off. I found the drip tips do not work well for me with the ceramic cartomizers though.

3. Sgt.Taz

Sgt.Taz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Chicago,IL.
    You remove the top cap and put on the drip-tip. I like doing this even with clearomizers and carto's as well. Not only can you top it off, I feel it gives you better air flow and draw.

4. MsOceanCity

MsOceanCity Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2009
    New Jersey
    I never drip into them because I find the drops tend to go directly down the center tube and leak out the batt end of the carto. Not good for me cuz I use auto batts. The reason I use them is twofold. First, I use them in place of the little white rubber cap, so I don't have to look around for a paperclip every time I want to refill. Second, they are a must, when using my 5V GLV2. If I didn't use them, I'd burn my lips for sure!

5. swedishfish

swedishfish Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2010
    NJ
    I just use them because it's quicker and easier to remove than the little rubber cap. But I don't like the aluminum- feels weird to me. I like the little plastic delrin drip tips.

6. MsOceanCity

MsOceanCity Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2009
    New Jersey
    Forgot to mention before that I prefer these to the aluminum ones too:)

7. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    I use them too,just easier to pop off for a quick top off.I prefer the delrins.

8. MadHatter

MadHatter Sic itur ad astra Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2010
    Waco, Texas
    I use my Super T drip tips on cartos because they just look so nice. I manage a bar, so looking stylish is always a consideration for me.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

9. db13berry

db13berry Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    USA
    I use them with my cartos for the change in color. I can coordinate to my outfit.

I'm such a girl! :blush:

10. wyojoe

wyojoe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2011
    Wyoming
    I agree, it is much easier to refill and the delrin plastic drip tips are easier on your teeth.

11. CBB

CBB Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I started using drip tips on cartomizers to make it more convenient to pull it off to refill. But after a while I realized that if I used a 3/8 drill sharpened to a 90° included angle and drilled up from the bottom of the delrin drip tip until it tapered out the bottom nearly to the edge then used a sharpened dowel in a drill to polish the taper it would proivde a ramp surface. Now I can hold the carto at a steep angle, about 15° from vertical, and drip into it and the juice clings to the side of the tip and runs down the side of the carto. You have to be careful because you can't see the batting getting wet but if you know how much it takes normally to top off when you decide it is needed you don't have to remove the tip.

12. LadyAmethyst

LadyAmethyst Full Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Rifle, CO
    Clever! And how much did you say you sell them for???:laugh:
    I'm not that great with a drill. Oh and I don't have a drill!!!:cry:

LadyA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.