Drip Tips with Cartomizers?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
I never drip into them because I find the drops tend to go directly down the center tube and leak out the batt end of the carto. Not good for me cuz I use auto batts. The reason I use them is twofold. First, I use them in place of the little white rubber cap, so I don't have to look around for a paperclip every time I want to refill. Second, they are a must, when using my 5V GLV2. If I didn't use them, I'd burn my lips for sure!

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
I started using drip tips on cartomizers to make it more convenient to pull it off to refill. But after a while I realized that if I used a 3/8 drill sharpened to a 90° included angle and drilled up from the bottom of the delrin drip tip until it tapered out the bottom nearly to the edge then used a sharpened dowel in a drill to polish the taper it would proivde a ramp surface. Now I can hold the carto at a steep angle, about 15° from vertical, and drip into it and the juice clings to the side of the tip and runs down the side of the carto. You have to be careful because you can't see the batting getting wet but if you know how much it takes normally to top off when you decide it is needed you don't have to remove the tip.

LadyAmethyst

Apr 3, 2011
Rifle, CO
CBB
I started using drip tips on cartomizers to make it more convenient to pull it off to refill. But after a while I realized that if I used a 3/8 drill sharpened to a 90° included angle and drilled up from the bottom of the delrin drip tip until it tapered out the bottom nearly to the edge then used a sharpened dowel in a drill to polish the taper it would proivde a ramp surface. Now I can hold the carto at a steep angle, about 15° from vertical, and drip into it and the juice clings to the side of the tip and runs down the side of the carto. You have to be careful because you can't see the batting getting wet but if you know how much it takes normally to top off when you decide it is needed you don't have to remove the tip.
Clever! And how much did you say you sell them for???:laugh:
I'm not that great with a drill. Oh and I don't have a drill!!!:cry:

LadyA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread