Drip Tips & Cartomizers: A Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
If you use cartomizers with a brass, aluminum, or steel drip tip (T-Tip, Zip Tip, etc.) make sure that the drip tip does not contact the wire that runs up the core of the cartomizer. Sometimes, where that wire makes its U-Turn, it will short out on the drip tip. It happened to me this morning, my drip tip got very hot but the carto did not! Luckily, I figured out what was happening before I did any damage to my battery. So, be warned! :)

Hammond Egger

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Eastern WV
If you use cartomizers with a brass, aluminum, or steel drip tip (T-Tip, Zip Tip, etc.) make sure that the drip tip does not contact the wire that runs up the core of the cartomizer. Sometimes, where that wire makes its U-Turn, it will short out on the drip tip. It happened to me this morning, my drip tip got very hot but the carto did not! Luckily, I figured out what was happening before I did any damage to my battery. So, be warned! :)
How do you use a drip tip with a cartomizer? Doesn't the liquid just go down the middle and leak out the bottom?

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
How do you use a drip tip with a cartomizer? Doesn't the liquid just go down the middle and leak out the bottom?
I just don't get these things. They are a good way to slurp juice or constantly have to towel dabs of juice that end up at the top. No comprehende.
dont overfill. vape a couple, drip a couple.
the polyfil stays wet(most important) but NOT dripping wet.
dont burn the polyfill and you can do this, well, for a long time.
the tip keeps your lips away from the hot carto.
YMMV
i would also recommend a plastic tip. the metal ones are pretty. something about metal and teeth and....no.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
You don't drip into the carto, it's just a convenience thing. If you remove the white end piece and don't want to put it back you can't use a standard mouthpiece on the carto unless you cut it down -- the bottom edge will push the filler down. A drip ti is easy to pop off when you need to refill your carto.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Nhaler has wide mouth drip tips where you can still drip and hold the ecig at an angle if you're using a carto - works great - no mess no fuss as they say ;-) Same with an 510 and with the LR attys you have a hard time flooding those LRs even with 5+ drops. On regular atty - you still have the 3 drop limit.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Same with an 510 and with the LR attys you have a hard time flooding those LRs even with 5+ drops. On regular atty - you still have the 3 drop limit.
Yeah, no kidding.

I just got an LR 510 to try it out.
Only $8 and free shipping from BombDropsVapor.

I swear I don't know where the juice goes, but I never came close to flooding it.
I'm not even sure I could flood it if I tried.
:D

However I did go through half a 3ml bottle real quick-like.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Yeah, no kidding.

I just got an LR 510 to try it out.
Only $8 and free shipping from BombDropsVapor.

I swear I don't know where the juice goes, but I never came close to flooding it.
I'm not even sure I could flood it if I tried.
:D

However I did go through half a 3ml bottle real quick-like.

Lol Yep. You buzz through the ejuice. It will sizzle but not flood it seems and as someone said recently, sizzle is good ;-) And the prices are coming down a bit - my discount at HG has really paid off in many ways. Glad I stuck with them.

Just got something today - I think it's the "2.0 LR" attys from SBL - LR for them ;-) but I'm wondering how much a difference .1 (vs. most regular Joyes) is going to make. I'd like to see a 1.8ohm 510. Drew had a 1.6+ one and that was better (as far as not destroying cart walls - oh yeah, you're the one that never had a melted cart wall - things change. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread