Drip Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Florence SC
I couldn't understand why they were so expensive for "just a tip" when I ordered but when it arrived I knew why. They feel real solid and don't have a "plastic" look or feel to them at all. In fact I think they're made of some sort of hardwood. Not sure though. Maybe Rob or one of the staff will tell us what it is, but whatever it is sure beats the hell out of any other tip out there.

FreeGT

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
St. louis, MO
The tips are machined out of delrin. I've had experience with delrin from playing paintball for over 15 years. It's lightweight, strong, and approved for food use.

It's a pretty neat material, the only problem is if it cracks, it can't be glued back together due to it's self-lubricating/hydroscopic abilities or something.

Here's the wiki page for delrin:
Polyoxymethylene plastic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

randyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Florence SC
The tips are machined out of delrin. I've had experience with delrin from playing paintball for over 15 years. It's lightweight, strong, and approved for food use.

It's a pretty neat material, the only problem is if it cracks, it can't be glued back together due to it's self-lubricating/hydroscopic abilities or something.

Here's the wiki page for delrin:
Polyoxymethylene plastic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's interesting. I'm a banjo player and some of my thumb picks are made out of Delrin. It's definitely a real strong and resilient material. Makes a banjo sound good too!!

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Bought the drip tip from altsmoke but it doesn't fit the 510 atties I have here. Anyone else having this problem?

There's a rubber o ring on the tip, that's whats keeping it from going on the atty.

If i push the DT hard onto the atty will it mess up the o ring?

Well, that o ring is rubber (or maybe silicon). It's quite durable but it is rubber/silicon. You will not be able to damage it by squishing it. You can damage it by cutting it. So it's probably best to have the drip tip fairly square to the barrel when trying to push it on instead of coming in at an angle and getting one side in and then squaring it up. The drip tips WILL fit the 510 atomizers. The atomizers seem to have just a tiny lip at the very rim (the edge is rolled in just a bit and the barrel is slightly smaller in diameter than a 901) and you have to get past that. Get just a tiny drop of juice (vg is more slick) on your finger and run it around the o ring. or get it wet with anything. Lick your finger and run it around there would work too. Doesn't take any at all. You only need to get the o ring wet/shiney and it should just pop in there. It does take some force though.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Bought the drip tip from altsmoke but it doesn't fit the 510 atties I have here. Anyone else having this problem?

There's a rubber o ring on the tip, that's whats keeping it from going on the atty.

If i push the DT hard onto the atty will it mess up the o ring?

Drip tips are a tight fit on some attys but they do break in. You can also get a package of #60 o-rings at Lowes or Home Depot in the plumbing dept. for about a dollar that are smaller.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
It fits really well in a Ripoffs C0-181. This is with adapter and 901 atomizer. Same height as adapter, KR808D, with long drip tip.

BB_SB_case_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread