Dripper session from hades (Thankfully sorted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Just had my worst vaping session ever. Thankfully, I've not had the pleasure of a dry hit yet, but I think what happened tonight comes pretty close.

I've been using my dripper mainly to test out my DIY juices, and one of them, an Orange biscuit, the taste lingers for ages no matter what juice I put in afterwards. So I decided to recoil and rewick the twin coils, 8 turns of 26 ga Kanthal A1 twisted together on a 3.5mm former with Muji cotton, 0.35Ω . Deck is the Nautilus Quad flex in Dripper mode, running around 50-60W.

Coils are perfectly aligned with the air vents, and there is no excess cotton underneath the coils. Tails protrude 1mm into the screw-on base. I expected the first few hits to be a bit a rough while the cotton bedded in, but rough doesn't describe the experience.

The first vape was burning hot, bitter, tasted foul and I thought my throat was going to close up at one point it was so bad. Grabbed a drink, reduced the power and kept re-dripping the coils and cotton and eventually it levelled out at 55W once I left it for 5 minutes.

Checked the cotton, it hasn't seemed to have burned, although I haven't taken it out the coil.

What did I do wrong? I'm wondering if I might have flooded the deck a bit, but didn't expect such a bad vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread