Dripper....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamSwish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Detroit
Man, I feel embarrassed in asking this....but what exactly is a dripper?

The local B&M store is having a party today and it said "Please bring a dripper!" I'm going to assume it's some kind of atomizer probably. I'm still kinda noobish I guess. I'm familiar with all of the sub ohm tanks.

How do they work? Who makes them? Why would someone use it over a tank? Can someone point me out to a couple of them that are regarded as good?

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer.

You build your coils and wick it. Then every few pulls from it you have to drip more juice on the cotton to prevent dry hits. Tanks automatically rewick, in a dripper you have to drip juice on it. A lot of people make them. More than I'd ever wish to type or copy and paste. Flavor can't be beat in a dripper in my opinion. I prefer drippers when I'm home, but when I'm out around town or driving I use a tank.

As far as what's good, it's what you want in it. Flavor? Clouds? Top, bottom, or through the side for airflow?

I like the twisted messes RDA and tugboat v2.

TeamSwish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Detroit
I've gone over to the dark side, I have a rda on the way
Free time? What free time, I have coils to build and techniques to learn!!!

Heh. My wife has been telling me to get a hobby....(she doesn't think video games count)
I don't think she knows what I'll be getting into.

I was going to do DIY juice first before learning the coils but I don't know now.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
It's fun to build, frustrating at first not going to lie. It gets easier with time.

You could always use a coil master. Pretty much a fool proof way of wrapping coils. There is a website Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators if you put in the gauge kanthal, target ohms, diameter of your coil, and single or dual coil, it'll tell you how many wraps to do per coil.

Reactions: DergBerg

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Heh. My wife has been telling me to get a hobby....(she doesn't think video games count)
I don't think she knows what I'll be getting into.

I was going to do DIY juice first before learning the coils but I don't know now.

Video games not a hobby!?!? Blasphemy!!!! :lol::lol:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
+1 on dbrandt01's explanation. A dripper (RDA), provides the best flavor available but it's less convenient than a tank (RTA), style atomizer because you must repeatedly drip juice on the wick every few hits. Drippers are extremely handy when sampling flavors because after "dripping" one juice on the wick and sampling it you can, in just seconds, drip/sample a different one.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
As far as hobbies go, its dirt cheap, so I don`t sweat it. Iv never paid more then 20 bucks for a dripper, or 30 for a mech, clones of course. If you do the homework (product reviews, knowing what you want, knowing what you are looking at) and shop around, you can usually put together a complete mech mod and battery for 40 or less. Most expensive items I usually buy are juice makings, or juice if you buy it ready made.

I was looking at my check book doing some research the other day, and way back in 13, I found one entry of $250 for cigars in one month, LOL. Man, If I could only spend that now all at one time.

One reason I am sure Big Brother is totally losing it over vaping`s popularity is because the bean counters have told them most people can vape for 1/10 the cost of smoking, and I know they are just chomping at the bit to get some of that slush fund back.

TeamSwish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Detroit
Na, if I were you I would learn to do coils first. Learn wicking etc. Then you'll already have a dripper for tasting your diy mixes because you really don't want to use a new premade subtank coil every time you want to taste a new test batch.

Very true.....I never thought of that.

Reactions: suprtrkr

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Drippers are like potato chips, you can't have just have one.
    You will keep buying them, in the quest for the perfect one.
    Then you realize there is no perfect dripper, you just want something a little different.
    If you are a squonker, you are always looking to see how you can make it bottom feed,
    and if you over squonk, will it leak.
    Vape On.......

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread