dripping atty recomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
I vape on provaris, have more modern machines too live an alien and target. Anyhow as my everyday hardware tends to be provari and I want to get away from vaping as frequently I have decided to try nic salts, which I understand the provaris are ideal for.

So I have a kayfun and I love it, but I also have extremely poor vision, I am legally blind without corrective eyewear. I enjoy the kayfun from time to time when I have time- not often with 4 kids. It takes me a good 40 minutes to build and mount coils despite good eqipment and magnification.

So, what is a good dripping atty I can just but drop in coils for like my tanks? I'd like something solid and I'm a flavour junkie!

TIA

Reactions: stols001

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I know you said drop in but if you want an easy to build RDA, try an Achilles RDA. Super simple and a flavor monster.

achillesii_deck.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
No name made an RDA that took Nautilus coils...it was a bottom feeder, though . It was called the No Code Tired. It's pretty easy to make an RDA non bottom fed...break a toothpick off in the hole in the 510 pin.
I had forgotten about the No Code lineup. There's also the No Code Lazy that uses eGo ONE Coils.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Seems like you are a MTL vaper. Most drippers are more DL. The best 2 MTL I have used are the NarDa (22mm) and the Speed Revolution (19mm). Both are single coil, so you could use premade coils

Actually I do prefer mtl but wanting to try the salts as an alternative to my alien and baby beast octo coils that I load with ah hmm 36 mg mentor juice for the first cig or emergencies. It's a juice hog, I use it for lung inhales and it works but I don't love it. I find it totally impractical actually...it's large, and if I have had a crap day I can't use it in the car, particularity here in winter. I have a hard time seeing anyhow don't need to peer through a huge cloud of vapour to boot!

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
No name made an RDA that took Nautilus coils...it was a bottom feeder, though . It was called the No Code Tired. It's pretty easy to make an RDA non bottom fed...break a toothpick off in the hole in the 510 pin.
Awesome! Thank you! Seems like that is just what I want. I checked out some reviews one fellow said it's got low airflow and the coils need low wattage so it's not his style but good for tootle puffers who want to upgrade from cartos. That's ME! I think I have a sqonk box around here somewhere if I did not give it away. If not the toothpick tip may work if I can figure out how to get the juice into the coil.

• Useful

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

I've never heard that before... why wouldn't you just put in a normal 510 pin?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've never heard that before... why wouldn't you just put in a normal 510 pin?
Well, they made it for squonkers...I doubt it comes with a solid pin, but it might. If he doesn't have an assortment of pins that may or may not fit, it's an easy solution. A better solution was the silicone plug on the carto covers....but they've become as rare as the 3 legged unicorn.

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Damn, I actually have a collection of cartos and their condoms...is that what you mean? I do use them sparingly on occasion yes because you can't find them easily. And filling up the fluff which I replace with aquarium foam (yup been in this since the dark ages) is a pain. Back when vaping was on the rocks I stocked up in them, the cigalike batteries and diy juice stuff. Did not realize then the bats would not last if there was a vape apocalypse...oh well.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Yep, inside the silicone cup is a spike that seals the hole in the 510. Cut it off and plug the squonk pin....remove excess.

I'd look at a few reviews on the atty before buying it. They're not cheap and I'm not sure how well they would work with conventional dripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread