• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Everything? Hmm... kinda like 24 hour banking - I don't have time for that. :p (ref Stephen Wright)

Here's a couple things instead:

Blow out any primer, add a few drops of PG (or your juice if you don't have any) and blow it through too. Add a couple more drops and take some cautious hits till you get a feel for it.

Some bridgeless atties are leaky, so you may want to get a 510-to-510 (i.e. an extension) and a drip sleeve.

Some say don't dry burn, I say do (nice and bright orange, say - no yellow/white). There's good info on that already, and w/out the bridge there it's real easy to see what you are doing.

Good luck!

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Ok then, another point: try using THICK juice, bridgeless atties seem to love them. Likewise, thin juices tend to run right through. For comparison, I've used some MadVapes juices that stunk in them - those are a little on the thin side. On the other hand, the thick Ms T's juice does very well in them.

Some bridgeless atties are better than others too. I've had the best luck with the SmartVapes ones. The 510 is leaky with anything but "on the thicker side" juice, but hits like a freight train. Their 306 dripping atty is one of my favorites, and the juice feeding in it is a better than their 510 IMO. It also has better flavor but a little less TH compared to the 510.

In any case, I DIY my juice now, and have settled on 50/45/5 (PG/VG/DW) which I've pretty good luck getting to work well with most everything.

Oh - and where I say DO dry burn, that's something I do ONLY when a fresh off the charger battery feels like one that's getting close to dead. 95% of the time the come right back to life for me. The other 5% of the time, they are already shot anyway (and I've popped one...so far).

I would not recommend a bridgeless as a starting out atty to anyone. The window for how much juice should be there is a bit tougher to balance. Atties with a bridge have more material to hold juice and are more forgiving, and I can't really say that the SV dripping atties are a big step up from your typical atty.

Puffpuff, I'd try soaking your attie in vodka/PGA/something before trying again - there may just be something in there fouling the taste on you. How many drops are you starting with? They vary a little on how much they'll hold, but if you add, say 4 drops, blow it out and then add two more you should get something good. If it's "crackling" when you finish your draw, you need more juice. If there's no vapor and it's getting hot, you need less juice.

pffpffpass

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Toronto Canada
Puffpuff, I'd try soaking your attie in vodka/PGA/something before trying again - there may just be something in there fouling the taste on you. How many drops are you starting with? They vary a little on how much they'll hold, but if you add, say 4 drops, blow it out and then add two more you should get something good. If it's "crackling" when you finish your draw, you need more juice. If there's no vapor and it's getting hot, you need less juice.

I usually start with 4 drops. The bridgless I didn't realize had primer on it. So I think that added to the nasty taste. I'll try soaking it in vodka. Getting tired of using up my cartomizers to see i don't like a specific juice..... I just got a 306 JOYE atty in so I'll try that one tonight. Hopefully I can get it going ... lol didn't think it would be so complicated ....

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
I usually start with 4 drops. The bridgless I didn't realize had primer on it. So I think that added to the nasty taste. I'll try soaking it in vodka. Getting tired of using up my cartomizers to see i don't like a specific juice..... I just got a 306 JOYE atty in so I'll try that one tonight. Hopefully I can get it going ... lol didn't think it would be so complicated ....

Yeah, it can be a little tricky starting out with various parts at times for sure; You'll get there quick though. Maybe you really just have a bum attie, I dunno. Fortunately, there's lots of experience here, and someone's probably seen what you are experiencing.

I've had pretty decent luck with the Joye 306's. I normally remove the silica between the bridge and the coil myself (it just pulls right out), but try it with it in there first and see what you think. They do seem to take a whole day to season but then they perform pretty darn good. I've had one flat-line at about 2+ weeks, another one pull apart (but still worked/would go together) that still works after a couple months, and the third is going on a few weeks and still kicking quite well. I also use the stock sleeves but chop off the top 1/4" so I can just drip into it. The cool drip tips crack and get loose much quicker than the stock ones do. Granted they do look cooler though.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
While we're on the subject of dripping, can anyone recommend a good dripping atty? I have the 510 bridgeless from canvape, and the draw is horrible on it - SUPER tight.

I just got a Cisco SR and it hits like a freight train :) I had tried dripping before, but could never get into it since the flavour improvement wasn't worth the fussing aroung dripping. Mind you, I am vaping at 6 V so maybe that explains it !?

Anyways, when I am concentrating on flavour and not just vaping routinely, I drip with the Cisco. It's not convenient, but boy is it good!

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
While we're on the subject of dripping, can anyone recommend a good dripping atty? I have the 510 bridgeless from canvape, and the draw is horrible on it - SUPER tight.

My earlier post in this thread references the SmartVapes ones. Those are not tight at all. The IKV io6 probably is also not for you, but maybe - it too is known to be on the tighter side. Again, my vote is firmly for the SmartVapes 306's. Otherwise, I still like a nice 901 if you can believe that (put an o-ring around it just below the vent and a speck of leaking is easy to deal with).

Stucco Jedi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I use the bridgeless from canvape. I really like them once in a while one has a tight draw but I just loosen a little and it vapes like a champ. Keep a paper towel close a first as they will leak with thin juice, or inexperience. I was all sorts of covered In juice when I first started with them. Best of luck to ya.

Happy vaping

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I never dry burn anything any more, I have nothing but burnt nasty tastes when I do.

I just started dripping again to try out flavours. I always hated it and still do. I have the bridgeless atomizer (using 2.5 ohm @ 4-4.5v) from canvape and I don't notice a tight draw at all, but it does seem to leak more as everyone said - for the obvious reason that the bridge isn't holding liquid.

I started looking at dripshields again to contain the leaking and save the liquid since you can draw it back into the atty. I am thinking a sealed 510-510 adapter with a dripshield might work perfectly. Unfortunately not many Canadian vendors have them, vaporgeek has a few though.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Ok, so I cleaned out these canvape 510 bridgeless and gave them another try. Damn near sucked my cheeks off. So I charged up the cordless drill and decided I was going to poke a few holes in the 3-hole-plate...

Then I noticed the air holes and how they sat on the twist - they were exposed, but it got me thinking. I checked the size of the holes on my phoenix bottom coils (which I LOVE), noticed they were huge compared to the bridgeless and decided to drill out the air holes with a 1/16" bit, each side.

MUCH BETTER! Still tight, as in stardust tight, but a bazillion times better. The vape is great, the flavour is great, and now I know what every dripper is raving about.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
do not forget about the lr 901 atties... more flavor less vapor imo. im always pleasantly surprised when i break em out.

Definitely! The 901 is still a flavor king for dripping IMO. Maybe not for tobacco's where you might want the extra punch, but for flavor of just about everything else, they're tough to beat. The 306 is just the best compromise I've found between a 510 and 901.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread