Drop Dead RDA: In case you are looking for hex screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
So when I first got a Drop Dead, I stripped a screw on day 2.

I did some recon online to try to find the measurements to grab replacements since I had nothing to measure them myself since there was no details in the instruction manual.

20190211_044739.jpg

Which makes perfect sense because more important than knowing the details for replacement parts, if you can't decipher the hieroglyphics showing how an rda of this caliber of innovation functions vastly different than any other model currently in existence, they've also included words that form sentences in hopes you graduated to being able to read See Spot Run books at some point in your life.

Thankfully my prayers were answered when I stumbled upon a thread between a couple people discussing the screws in a manner that seemed like they both walked away from the interaction even more confused than they started.

So in typical fashion of a memory that isn't quite eldetic, I end up remembering to buy screws during one of the amazon orders I placed last week, yet failed to recall that the info I ran into months ago wasn't accurate.

Upside of this happening is two silver linings.

I measured for the next person that goes looking for the screw size: 4mm x 5mm

The trinity glass cap I initially got for the DD, fits perfectly on a Yup rda. The sequel to the DD that improved on the build deck and eliminated how the stock cap impacted the original DD airflow for half the price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread