Drop Dead RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Drop deck with Dead Rabbit airflow.Great deck with horrible airflow. No thanks. It's like polishing a turd. It looks nice but it's still a turd. People that like that POS Dead Rabbit will like the Drop Dead. Those that don't like the Dead Rabbit won't. Brian made a mistake with this one.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Sure. It's a cashcow like 99% of the RDAs on the market. Else we wouldn't have so many V1.5s, Gen2s, and so on. This one absolutely caters more to people that don't own neither the Drop nor the DeadRabbit.
But if it performs better than or at least equal to its ancestors, I think this might be worth a look.

Dead Rabbit was (is) a great dripper/squonker. Not interested in this sorry Heathen. Not different enough or inventive. Must try harder! Waiting for my IJOY CAPO Squonker 100W Box Mod and asMODus Nefarius TF-BF RDTA Rebuildable Dripping tank Atomizer, now thats a different kind of trick! Even though its similar to the uwell Fancier (weird name, great atty) I have just added th American spelling of atomiser to my dictionary to post this, I hope somene appreciates this ;)

Asmodus-Nefarius-TF-BF-RDTA-4ml_00483174b097.jpg

Reactions: mimöschen

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Sure. It's a cashcow like 99% of the RDAs on the market. Else we wouldn't have so many V1.5s, Gen2s, and so on. This one absolutely caters more to people that don't own neither the Drop nor the DeadRabbit.
But if it performs better than or at least equal to its ancestors, I think this might be worth a look.

I agree, but I don't think it is as high as 99%. Some of these v1.5 RDAs seem that they actually fix some issues the original had so it doesn't flop and the company looses out on all they spent on R&D and tooling.

Reactions: mimöschen

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
Not interested in this sorry Heathen.

This is going to be my new phrase for demonstrating the importance of punctuation. I think that you meant to say "Not interested in this, sorry Heathen." But in all honesty, I'm hoping that the mistake was capitalising the first letter of heathen, because I've never heard someone call an rda a "sorry heathen" and it's a beautiful insult! :p

I think this has too much airflow for my tastes these days. The notch thing looks like it would hinder the atomiser more than anything - correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean that you can't center the airflow unless you have it wide open? I would more than likely try closing it down to the absolute minimum and at this point I don't think it would actually hit the coils at all. Plus the long wicks that put me off the Drop are still requisite (I know the dead rabbit needs long wicks too, but @Don29palms put me off the dead rabbit through sheer passion of hatred as opposed to any specific design flaw) so I wont be adding this to my wish list.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
This is going to be my new phrase for demonstrating the importance of punctuation. I think that you meant to say "Not interested in this, sorry Heathen." But in all honesty, I'm hoping that the mistake was capitalising the first letter of heathen, because I've never heard someone call an rda a "sorry heathen" and it's a beautiful insult! :p

I think this has too much airflow for my tastes these days. The notch thing looks like it would hinder the atomiser more than anything - correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean that you can't center the airflow unless you have it wide open? I would more than likely try closing it down to the absolute minimum and at this point I don't think it would actually hit the coils at all. Plus the long wicks that put me off the Drop are still requisite (I know the dead rabbit needs long wicks too, but @Don29palms put me off the dead rabbit through sheer passion of hatred as opposed to any specific design flaw) so I wont be adding this to my wish list.
The airflow is the biggest design flaw on the Dead Rabbit. Air under a vacuum is not going to go down when the vacuum is on the top. It might be deflected some but can't work how the DR is designed. If you get the coil position just right the DR can be ok at best but just a bit off and you can forget it. The flavor isn't very good either IN MY OPINION. The Drop Dead has the same style of top airflow. The difference is you can turn the cap to set the airflow hitting the middle of the coil with it closed down. I like the Drop. The deck and the airflow work good together in my opinion. The Drop Dead is a Drop with Dead Rabbit airflow. I stand by my opinion in the previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread