Drug test or breathalyzer issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Something I just thought of...

Does vaping cause any results on a drug test?
Can it throw off a breathalyzer for alcohol?

I know there are no real drugs or alcohol in the juice (at least I hope) but does anyone know if there can be false positives related to vaping?

I did a search but did not find any issues reported. I hope that is a good sign.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Even if alchohol was in the juice mix you'd have to vape yourself to death to get to levels anywhere near intoxication, at that point, who cares you've got other issues. Serioulsy thought we're talking .5 to 2ml for the bigger carts of juice, even if it did contain alcohol it's there as a flavor enhancement in a very small percentage of that already small amount. Then figure it's getting deluted by the vaporization process as everything else does in the juice.

Last edited:

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
If there was alcohol, there's no way that it would be enough to be concerned about. I didn't read the whole thread, but I think that post that SeaBrook linked to is complete BS. Mouthwash has way more alcohol in it than you would ever get from vaping, and it will show up on a alcohol test for up to 30 minutes. Even the yeast in bread can show up on an alcohol test and I know that from personal experience. I had a DUI 5 years ago (haven't been that stupid again, yay me!) but ended up getting a breathalyzer thing in my truck so that I could keep my license (I need my truck for work) and one day I was eating lunch, went to start to the truck and failed, no alcohol involved.

As far as drug testing, you're good there. Nothing illegal in these and I've passed DOT drug test while vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread