Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It might be more helpful to list what juices you vape that you feel may be responsible for giving you a positive drug test for amphetamines. AFAIK this would be a first as I've never seen the issue raised before.

Are you sure you weren't taking something like Sudafed at the time? Seems more likely than your vape.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Here is a list (and I am betting there are more) of things that can cause a false positive test on amphetamines.

What are other false/positives for methamphetamine?

I am sure there are more, and as Eskie said there is I guess the REMOTEST possibility of contamination although I can't see how on earth it could happen.

If you've ruled out all the "known" suspects and are left with your eliquids I guess you could pay to get them tested for amphetamine like drugs by a lab. It may be expensive to do so, I think it is SO unlikely, but who knows. If in fact you find one of your manufacturer's juices is in fact contaminated, well, you'd have a legitimate case for the cost of the testing being paid for, time off work, other whatever relevant harm but I really have to think it's unlikely to almost impossible but I guess you should explore all options if a known offender is NOT the case for you.

If a urine test, it would have to be fairly (somewhat) recent, and if a hair test, a hair test can show possible use for several years, depending on the length of your hair.

Good luck!

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi everyone, if there is anyone that can help me I’d greatly appreciate it.
I do not use drugs at all and recently had to take a drug test I did not get the job due to a positive reading of Amphetamines

Does anyone know if there are any liquids that would make this happen?
Thank you

Hi and Welcome,
Sorry to hear about your false-positive results.
Please consult your doctor before taking any pre-employement tests to learn about potential issues and problems.

Best of luck
I

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Wow. Poor you.

I can't honestly see anything in E-Liquid doing this.

Have you used any over-the-counter medications recently? I'd feel it's more likely something else has caused this. Then again, none of us can be 100% sure what is in every juice ever sold. Seems a long shot though.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I do not use drugs at all and recently had to take a drug test I did not get the job due to a positive reading of Amphetamines
Thank you
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might try to get the doctor/lab report from the positive drug test and show it to your doctor. Have him retest and write reply. Keep copies for future tests, in case of another incident.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Thank you

Hi Victoria. Welcome to the ECF.

I have never heard of an e-Liquid causing a False-Positive result as you mentioned. But that is Not to say that it Isn't Possible.

I do Know that if a Person takes 3 or 4 Hits off an e-Cigarette and then Blows into a Breathalyzer, that it Might/Can cause a False-Positive for Alcohol on some units.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Not unless it was contaminated and while I have heard urban legends about coffee shops using runoff water from certain illegal lab making places next door, "They can't get enough of our coffee!" Kinda thing, I'm sincerely doubtful on both matters.

Contamination is the only way but then the question becomes WHY because lets face it no one puts that kind of valuable product in eliquid for free, on purpose.

It would have to be a bad DIY friend and a Machiavellian plot.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Diver9543

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
It never caused a positive urinalysis result but when TSA swabbed my 2 mods/tanks last week it set off the alarm, they didn’t tell me whether it was drugs or explosives. First I’ve it’s ever happened and I fly on average twice a week.
Nitroglycerine - Vegetable Glycerine hmmmmm I can see that causing an issue maybe.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might try to get the doctor/lab report from the positive drug test and show it to your doctor. Have him retest and write reply. Keep copies for future tests, in case of another incident.

^ this

And as we don't allow any drug talk here...

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread