• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Druid vaper here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Hedgewitch, greenwitch, kitchenwitch, run-of-the-mill country pagan here. :) I saw this subforum when I first joined, but all the threads were old and locked and I didn't think there were any pagans around anymore. At least none of them were posting. I guess there are a lot more over on your side of the pond, though. Not many here... by "here," I mean in South Dakota. I kinda forget who I am some days.

Anyway, WELCOME TO ECF! You'll like it here, I think! :D

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I think people forget these little subforums are here. There's much more activity on the main part of the forum. Honestly, I didn't even SEE these little "side rooms" for a month after I joined! LOL! I wouldn't have even noticed this thread of yours if I hadn't had a few minutes yesterday to be browsing around aimlessly, looking to see "what's new." ;)

I read your introduction thread - congratulations on 5 months smoke-free! I'm only 3 months, myself, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm done for good. I like vaping so much better, and I can breathe again. :)

So, did you do anything special for Mabon? I confess, I'm so busy (we have a small farm, and at the moment we have an orphaned chick in the house) I hardly ever observe any of the Sabbats anymore. I always try to do something at Samhain and Yule, but that's about it now. Being a farmer, those two are the most important to me.

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
LOL! I'm not Wiccan, either, strictly speaking, I'm just a little bit of everything. Being a farmer, though, the Sabbats have meaning to me, and I like to at least notice them, even if I don't have time to "observe/celebrate" them. I have to live vicariously through others when it comes to celebrations of pagan type things. Most of the pagans I know are pretty eclectic, so there's a wide variety... ;)

~Lannie

Sean cannon

Sep 4, 2015
Durham uk
Yes this year I have been taking notice more of the changing seasons and sabbath I used to be a city dweller and now live in a semi rural area so a lot of seasons and reasons behind them have actually opened up for me I feel closer to the land sea and sky here I can see why sabbath where celebrated instead of just being a name and a celebration

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Out here, where we live, there's nothing BUT nature, and it should be a constant celebration of the beauty of life, but we hadda go and start a farm. :rolleyes: Two old people trying to do all the work a small farm requires leaves very little time to sit and appreciate anything. Of course, every time a new life appears, it's cause for celebration, but it's become sort of ad-lib around here lately! LOL! There's another new life expected any day now, as a matter of fact. One of my cows is about ready to pop, so there'll be a new calf on the ground within a week I expect. And there's an orphaned chick living in our kitchen... she thinks I'm her mommy. I'll play hell ever getting her out to the coop with the rest of the chickens. I don't like the idea of having a house-chicken, but that might be beyond my control at this point. Have to go shopping for "chicken diapers" now...

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Holy crap! There's peeps in here!

(pointing at Sean...) HE started it! :lol:

Maybe there'll be more along some time soon. :D Like I said, I don't check in here much, and there'd been no posts for so long... when I first joined, I didn't feel comfortable yet, so I never started a thread, although I would have jumped in if there'd been one already going. So who knows?

Around these parts, being "pagan" is at best frowned on. People that I know in real life, INCLUDING MY OWN MOTHER (talk about holy crap!), think all pagans are devil worshipers who do TV-type magic. Well, on the bright side, at least I get prayed for every day. ;) It won't work, but good ol' mom keeps trying! LOL!

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Wait. You mean I can't summon the King of Hell on a whim? Dang! :lol:

I have to admit I haven't been practicing much, lately. With people constantly coming and going in my house it's hard to do anything without someone popping up in the middle of it and getting in the way. :grr:

Reactions: Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yeah, so sorry, DANG! ;)

Me, neither, practicing, I mean. I never did much, except with the pagan friends group where we used to live, just because I haven't had a quiet 5 minutes to myself in the last 20-some years. I try to plant seeds at Imbolc, but here, there's usually several feet of snow still on the ground then. But I have a place in the house for a tray of seeds. ;) My other big ones are Samhain and Yule. I like to celebrate Samhain because it means the hard work for the year is over (well, HARDLY, but you know...). Usually, my garden is put to bed by then, and if we do have butchering to do, it's done by then, too. This year there's a gang o' roosters that need to see the inside of my freezer. As much as possible, I make us a Samhain feast with things we've produced ourselves. As the years go by, that gets easier and easier. Then I make another big feast for Yule, because the days will start getting longer, and the endless winter will someday come to an end. So I light a bunch of candles and make a bunch of goodies to graze on throughout the day, and we TRY to take it easy and do nothing but eat. ;) That doesn't always work, however. Our place is a very "interesting" place to live. It seems like there's always something going on. A friend of mine likes to say, "Never a dull day at Love Acres." (That's the name of our little farm.)

And how many of you (LOL!) were just being nice in not pointing out that the autumn equinox hasn't HAPPENED yet? LOL! Or were you just not paying attention? It was so funny, last night I was telling my husband that I was so tired of being busy and "forgetting" about stuff, like how I missed Mabon this year. He looked at me with one eye, and said, "But this is only the 10th!" :lol: See how I am? I'm so busy I forgot what day it was, or what MONTH it was, or something! OMG. So I still have time. ;) For Mabon, anyway. Hopefully, things will have slowed down by the end of October enough that I can do a Samhain feast this year. Last year, I didn't - it just zipped right on by me.

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
No, the forum censor wouldn't let me type their names out here. :oops: There are 15 of them that need to go to freezer camp. Problem was, two summers ago, four hens hatched chicks, so there were like 30 or 40 little fuzzballs all running around, and almost 20 of them turned out to be roosters. A few of them are nice, and very gentle, and they can stay (my old flock roo is getting old and one day he's going to die, so I'm keeping replacements), but the "gang of 15" is just a gnarly gang, and they have to go. The reason we have a chick in our kitchen is because the gang attacks the hens whenever they see them (including the ones with chicks). Well, this one hen apparently had chicks, but the gang got after her, she ran for her life, the chicks scattered, and we only found this one survivor. Maybe it was the only chick she hatched, I don't know, but our three youngest cats have been spending an awful lot of time out in the corrals lately, which is where the chickens spend a lot of their time as well, so I'm guessing there have been more batches of chicks hatched, but between the roosters and the cats, the baby chicks don't have a chance. So, we have one survivor, and now she thinks she is a peeple. ;) At least we could save one of them.

~Lannie

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
I feel like I'm seeing a unicorn instead of a forum post!
Me, I'm just about as eclectic as they get. If it works, it'll do.
My wife lacks spirituality so I'm the lone practitioner here. She gets so frustrated when I call it a Yule tree and want to take it down right after the solstice.

*~*moonlitwish*~*

Reactions: liblue1

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Hello looks like it's down to us 3 to keep this group alive maybe more pagans will bob in knowing we are here I hope so

4 :)

Merry Meet!

Ive been a pagan and a practicing witch for the past 20 years.

Nice to see a breath of life in these forums.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Nope, now it's 5! :D And where there's 5, there will be 10. ;)

I think I've been pagan all my life. My parents and grandparents were Catholic, so I was raised in that faith, but (long story I won't go into right now) I realized at an early age it was full of lies. Anyway, the priests and nuns were lying to me, and I can't stand lying. That was when I was 13. So I just tooled along being "nothing" for many years, until I met a friend online who was pagan (we're still friends, all these 20 years later...). I started reading books and naturally, most of them are Wiccan-oriented, but when I realized that Wicca was Catholicism, or vice versa I should say, I smacked myself in the forehead and said, "Who'da thunk it? I've been a Wiccan my whole life!" LOL! But I still had such a bad taste in my mouth from the Church and all the lies, I decided Wicca wasn't for me, either. Same religion, just different names for things. So I ended up being a hedgewitch/kitchenwitch/greenwitch type non-religious pagan. :D

That's really the beauty of it, isn't it? You don't have to fit into someone else's mold, or think the way someone else THINKS you should think. You can just be yourself, and be happy. :)

~Lannie

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
I feel like I'm seeing a unicorn instead of a forum post!
Me, I'm just about as eclectic as they get. If it works, it'll do.
My wife lacks spirituality so I'm the lone practitioner here. She gets so frustrated when I call it a Yule tree and want to take it down right after the solstice.

*~*moonlitwish*~*
Mine goes up just before, and if I had my way it'd be up until the first week of February. :lol:

Reactions: zapped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread