Status
Not open for further replies.

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
Okay, looking for some tips here.

Last night was my friend's birthday party, and my first experience vaping instead of smoking at such an event. The wine was flowing like well, wine, and about 2-3 in the morning I was finding myself running into trouble trying to fuss with the e-smokes. Poisonous liquids and intoxicated fingers should not mix! I spilled some on my hands and the table, then lost two batteries, only one of which has since turned up this morning...Plus so many curious fellow lushes took test hits off my 901 that I'll be lucky if I don't end up with 10 new kinds of flu, lol.

I'm trying to think of ways to prepare a sort of super simple "drunk kit" for when I'm out drinking. I'd think having pre-filled carts would be good if I could find a way to put a cap on them to prevent leaking or evaporation -- maybe saran wrap? Plus extra batteries pre-attached to atomizers to minimize unscrewing and crossthreading things...something I can stick in my pocket and not have to worry about for 5-6 hours, and not lose!

Anyone else have experiences or advice to share?

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
haha!! nothing is drunk-proof, but i love your train of thought. will jump on board and see what i can come up with.

PS. many of the empty carts you can buy come with rubber stoppers. which e-cig do u have?

pps, I had a pack of 5 prefilled carts i would bring with me, but after drinking one night, have no idea where they ended up, now im sadly down to one cart, that i must reuse, over and over.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Get some kind of bag..cigarette case ect. and put 2 or three assembled e-cigs in it.It wouldn't hurt to separate and cushion them with some batting or other filler) Take a few extra carts for the 'testers". The blank or filled carts should have both a hard rubber cap and a soft clear cap under that one. (some call it a condom..lol) The cart that comes on an atomizer doesn't have filler or a cap or condom. You might want to buy a few extra blanks for prefilling.
P.S. if you already have some extra carts with a hard cap..look inside to see if the clear rubber cap got pushed up inside.

First off, stop stirring your drinks with the e-cig.

Lol, thats definitely mistake number one.

Id have to agree with the suggestion of bringing multiple ready to go e-cigs and getting some sort of carrying case, to keep em safe. Might even throw in a few pre-filled carts, just incase. I cant see there being too much of an issue popping on a new cart, regardless of how drunk you are. well... at least I hope there wouldnt, heh.

Last edited:

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah

Last night was my friend's birthday party, and my first experience vaping instead of smoking at such an event. The wine was flowing like well, wine, and about 2-3 in the morning I was finding myself running into trouble trying to fuss with the e-smokes. Poisonous liquids and intoxicated fingers should not mix! I spilled some on my hands and the table, then lost two batteries, only one of which has since turned up this morning...Plus so many curious fellow lushes took test hits off my 901 that I'll be lucky if I don't end up with 10 new kinds of flu, lol.

I'm trying to think of ways to prepare a sort of super simple "drunk kit" for when I'm out drinking. I'd think having pre-filled carts would be good if I could find a way to put a cap on them to prevent leaking or evaporation -- maybe saran wrap? Plus extra batteries pre-attached to atomizers to minimize unscrewing and crossthreading things...something I can stick in my pocket and not have to worry about for 5-6 hours, and not lose!

at the risk of being accused of promoting check out blucigs i ordered one a while ago and while they seem to take freaking forever to ship them (still haven't gotten them but they should ship as i was just charged for them) i plan on keeping thier sealed carts for my trips out and they come in a case with a battery to charge the cig batteries its supposed to charge your cig batteries up to 6 times and it holds extra carts, the atomizers if you purchase extras ive heard can be used as plugs and the carts have been said to be compatible with the m401 carts and those come with covers to prevent leaking

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States

my drunk proof solution has been the KR808D-1 , aka Nebula / vapor king... no messing around with juice or any such nonsense. I keep a few new carts in my right pocket and "used up" carts in my left pocket ( for re filling when i am nice and sober ). The batteries last a good long time and i usually only end up going through about 2-3 carts in a night anyway.

i usually don't have the problem with people wanting to try it , as most of the people i go out with know about me and my vaping

i use a penstyle hardcase i got from RuyanDirect which will hold 2 carts and 2 batteries. then i keep a 3rd battery in my chest shirt pocket with a cart on it. so far... no problems

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
Eh I'm not that worried about sharing cart-tips really, although I am paranoid about catching cold sores. In 15 + years of sharing "hand rolled cigarettes" though, I've been fine. :p

Good advice in this thread, I'm liking the VaporKing idea. I need something just stupidly simple and easy for some nights, lol. Thanks much!

WendyM

ECF Veteran
Don't let anyone light your e-cig either. That would be bad. I kept trying to light my own, in a sober but slightly groggy condition.

If you're vaping PG I don't want to say that it's great to share mouthpieces with everyone however, PG is a bactericidal and a viricidal, while VG is not (VG can be mixed with agar as a culture medium for particularly hungry microorganisms, although in all fairness not particularly hardy ones.)

You might just pick your least favorite VP and keep it in working order so that you won't be swapping germs with friends and strangers. Then you can focus on wrangling a couple of batteries and extra carts (I found this DS Lite attache that I'm absolutely coveting because not only does it look great for holding my ds, I think with minimal hacking I can use one for my 901-- it has bands and pockets that look just about right for holding 3-4 carts a piece, but most important are the elastics sewn in one of the flaps that are for holding an extra stylus-- I'm praying that it'll hold 901 batteries securely.)

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Eh I'm not that worried about sharing cart-tips really, although I am paranoid about catching cold sores. In 15 + years of sharing "hand rolled cigarettes" though, I've been fine. :p

Good advice in this thread, I'm liking the VaporKing idea. I need something just stupidly simple and easy for some nights, lol. Thanks much!

Just make yourself a battery mod so you wont hafta worry about swapping batts its big enuff so itll be harder to leave behind and use 901 or 501 connections because the carts are easy to top off and refill...

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
i know what i would take with me in germany :

foto542.jpg

no battery change, no cart change. the disposable cigar atomizer should work for the night.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
Okay - drunk proof. First of all, hope you're using a 901. You never want to loose a Yeti in a bar. :)

Next, have enough batteries charged to make 3 complete units. Colors don't even have to match because when everyone's blitzed, who cares?

Next, order three of these from The Widow:

Widows Bead Work - E Necklace

Put them all around your neck and let them dangle between your...well, you know. Even drunk babes don't usually let the guys grab them THERE in a bar....regardless, they will be as protected as possible.

Get three different colors or styles so that you can tell them apart in the dim lighting. Carry an additional 8 pre-made carts in your tiny purse, but make sure they have the caps on them. Why 8? Because even though you'll only use a couple extras, the ones you lose won't matter much. Three batts should get you through 4-6 hours of some outrageous vaping action. If you like a guy a lot, let him vape from your necklace. Hehehe...he'll get the idea.

Last edited:

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah
Anna...I don't worry about a few people hitting off my PV. I can think of many occasions (and almost all of you out there can, too) where noone's been worried about passing a pipe or a hand-rolled cigarette in a big circle (around a campfire, perhaps?). What's with the concern now?

Oh and lets not forget when smoking analogs and it dropped on the ground how readily we picked them right up and popped them in our mouths. My boyfriend always finds it amusing to point our that while he refuses to eat food off the ground or drink out of someone elses beverage bottle for fear of backwash he has no problem sucking on his analog that hit the ground, bounced, and rolled a foot or so.

bwhite757

May 16, 2009
South Carolina
I prefill 5 carts for the 510 before going out, take two complete charged units, and my 901 as a backup or "Community PV".

On my last outting my 901 saw not less than 50 different mouths on it... I was amazed at people just passing it around the bar and hitting it after everyone.... My waitress took it around and demo'ed it to everyone of her customers, and everyone tried it... No one cared about germs (except me) That cart hit the trash on the way out the door... lol

I try not to take a bottle with me, I much rather just switch a cart real quick than sit and try and fill a cart while impaired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread