Dry THroat

Status
Not open for further replies.

enricopardo

Jul 19, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Maybe someone mentioned it already. But, the atty I have is the LR and just ordered another EgoT kit with the standard atty. I'll have to try that.

But, so far I have diluted my 50/50 24 mg nic ejuice by mixing it 50/50 again with Glycerine, which reduces the PG by half and adds to the VG.

So far it has not worked for me. I've also tried gatorade, cough drops, Biotene, and drinking a gallon of water, but no luck.

Getting a little frustrated because I have to smoke analogs, although much less than before, just to make up for what I'm not vaping due to dry mouth and throat. I wonder if it's actually irritation also. Can't tell the difference.

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
There is actually very little difference between PG and VG when it comes to a dry throat. Both are highly hydrophilic (meaning they readily mix with or absorb water). Now VG will reduce the amount of TH which helps in some cases with soreness but it does not change that it is drying out. However a heavy throat hit with a dry throat will make it worse if you are a heavy vaper. Same with the nic level. Drinking lots of fluids, using lozenges/ rinses and using a cooler (higher resistance) atty or carto are the only things that will help with actual dryness.

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
Maybe someone mentioned it already. But, the atty I have is the LR and just ordered another EgoT kit with the standard atty. I'll have to try that.

But, so far I have diluted my 50/50 24 mg nic ejuice by mixing it 50/50 again with Glycerine, which reduces the PG by half and adds to the VG.

So far it has not worked for me. I've also tried gatorade, cough drops, Biotene, and drinking a gallon of water, but no luck.

Getting a little frustrated because I have to smoke analogs, although much less than before, just to make up for what I'm not vaping due to dry mouth and throat. I wonder if it's actually irritation also. Can't tell the difference.

You may have irritated it to the point your throat needs a break. I also think vaping less often with higher nic levels would help. When most people decrease their nic level they end up puffing more frequently which will make it worse.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
1) You'll get used to it more
2) I noticed with smoking iced tea/coffee etc lubricate the throat better than water-- some drinks do
3) I use johnson creek juice and it's really helped my throat compared to when I was vaping chinese juices, esp the flavored ones--the normal flavor samplers gave my throat and sinuses problems... I use JC choc truffle and peach

enricopardo

Jul 19, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
You may have irritated it to the point your throat needs a break. I also think vaping less often with higher nic levels would help. When most people decrease their nic level they end up puffing more frequently which will make it worse.

I see. I'll try that. I was had a feeling VG was acting dry too.

Fact is, the first few days I was vaping heavily like you suggest. About 3 days later I started feeling it, even when I talk I hear the difference it's making. Now I may need to treat the irritation. I'm trying!

enricopardo

Jul 19, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
1) You'll get used to it more
2) I noticed with smoking iced tea/coffee etc lubricate the throat better than water-- some drinks do
3) I use johnson creek juice and it's really helped my throat compared to when I was vaping chinese juices, esp the flavored ones--the normal flavor samplers gave my throat and sinuses problems... I use JC choc truffle and peach

I'm at the Johnson Creek Website. :blush:You mind telling me what level of nicotine you get and why?

Thanks for your help. and everyone else of course.:p

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
I smoked 3 PAD Marl UL and was vaping 24/7 (still am). I found the 16 mg cartos too strong for me to chain vape. I ordered the JC choc truffle at 11mg... I'm backing off on the nic so I order the Ctruf in 0 as well and mix the two so I'm now vaping 5.5mg. Same for the peach. They sent a VG sample which I don't really care for. I don't work for them but before JC I tried EVERY carto at Smoketip, 15 at V4L (flavored) and 10 at Bloog (flav/tob) and found JC CT to blow them all away. The V4L flavors esp vanilla irritate my sinuses to the point I could smell the juice going to bed and sneezed up some sinus blood. JC juice came and all my problems disappeared... In fact last night I vaped an entire 18mg carto I made from peach as a treat with 1 sip of coffee in between-- and I thought WoW! don't need that much water now... May be just my body though... (still need water overall--just not for my throat nearly as much)

Last edited:

enricopardo

Jul 19, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Thanks Ralikar, I'm ordering some of that Choc Truffle.

coolnot, I did try Gatorade too, but maybe I should be more patient with it. I'm almost positive I have an irritated throat though. I'll keep up with water and gatorade, use standard atty (egoT) instead of LR, and Johnson creek Choc Truffle.

I'll post again to let you guys know the results.

iball

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
The Desert
I'm using 12mg RY4 from smokelessimage.com and have found that the first day of using it my mouth stayed kind of dry. Of course, it is the desert here and around 115F-120F with zero humidity. Drinking mass quantities of Gatorade helps my dry throat.
I'm looking at eventually going from 12mg to 0. So far I've not even felt the need for an analog yet.
Thanks for the info on the PG/VG variables and how they might be affecting dry throat.
Looking at ordering some juice from JC soon as my other orders from various sites come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread