DSE 901 Cartomizer Adapter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
It wouldn't be very complicated to make one of these at all.
I just recently got one to try out cartomizers for the first time, and frankly I adore them, so I'm thinking I'll be making my own adapters in the future.

All you'd really need is a dead 901 (or kr808d) battery, a dead 901 atomizer, soldering iron and some small gauge wire. Granted you need some skills, proper tools and determination to gut an atomizer, but it can be done.

I am not that talented in the electronical department, so I would kill the thing, before I got started. HA!

Thanks for the info though, will keep it for future reference. ;)

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I found one one supplier website, that they have a DSE-901 Cartomizer Adapter, here at VaporCountry http://www.shop.vaporcountry.com/product.sc;jsessionid=178C26F019B2E63AB85A431773526BD4.qscstrfrnt04?productId=220&categoryId=1

Has anyone tried these, and are they any good? I have not seen these on other websites, so was wondering why not everyone carries them?

Thanks! ;)

Is this the only place for 901 adapters?

Correct.

In the case of the VK, it is sometimes referred to as semi-disposable because you can refill the cartomizers up to 10 - 15 times, according to some people.

Most of us do refill because, like all PVs, it saves money and gives you more flavor options.

Bob

The cartomizer is a combo atty/filled cart and it is disposable?

Thank you.

Leeroy5150

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
San Diego, CA
I have this adapter and the draw is WAY to light for me. Maybe I need to play with it more to get the hang of it, but for now, I'm not impressed.

I know this is an old thread, but...

Did you ever find a good long term solution for this? I have a 901 to KR8 adapter that sounds the same (Black, a little less than an inch long with 1 hole in side like a 901 atty) and the draw is way too light. Are there other adapters out there with a smaller hole? I also could go with an 801 to KR8 adapter as I have an 801 tip for my xhaler as well. Or another solution I havent thought of? I can experiment with tape and poking smaller holes but would prefer a more permanent and aesthetically pleasing solution.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
I know this is an old thread, but...

Did you ever find a good long term solution for this? I have a 901 to KR8 adapter that sounds the same (Black, a little less than an inch long with 1 hole in side like a 901 atty) and the draw is way too light. Are there other adapters out there with a smaller hole? I also could go with an 801 to KR8 adapter as I have an 801 tip for my xhaler as well. Or another solution I havent thought of? I can experiment with tape and poking smaller holes but would prefer a more permanent and aesthetically pleasing solution.

I put a dab of superglue on the hole to make it smaller. Works like a charm! Clear nail polish may work also.

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
I just got a 901 to 808 adaptor from cigarettereplacer.com.
Works great! I use automatic batteries/passthroughs so I wanted to make sure the adaptor worked. They have different models for manual. Also adaptors for 510 attys and other type adaptors

Price right now is $7.95 but shipping is free. If you sign up for their newsletter you can get discount codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread