DSE901 v DSE801

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadHabit

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Ego
Looking on SLB's website, the 801 looks more like a pen with a cap on it and the 901 has the same atty diameter as the battery. Is that right? Also, they 901 has a lower working voltage than the 801, is that right? I bought an 801 and it produces loads of vapor. I am wondering if the 901 produces less vapor as, according to SLB, the 901 has a lower working voltage.

I love the vapor the 801 puts out.

BadHabit

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Ego
I will say this, and even though I am a new vaper, I think the 901 puts out a lot considering the small battery. One nice thing about it is that you can't over vape. If you like to constantly have something in your mouth but get dry or sore throats by over doing it, this is one solution.

How does the 901 atty perform against the 510 atty when compared using the same voltage?

By the way, according to SLB, the DSE 801 working voltage is 6.5 - 8.2. I will have to dig out my voltage meter. If the working voltage really is that high, I think that would explain why it puts out so much vapor. But it may also explain why I am getting a burnt taste even though the atty is wet. I look forward to trying this atty on a lower voltage battery.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Honestly. The 901 atty barely gives any flavor at all. Very weak. Also zero throat hit on a 901. But hey, maybe that's just me. ;)

Also to answer your question-
"How does the 901 atty perform against the 510 atty when compared using the same voltage?"

Very poorly. There is no competition whatsoever. Think of it like this. If the 901 were a soft little baby rabbit and the 510 were Godzilla, who would logically win the fight? I have tested 901 attys VS 510 attys at 3.2v, true 3.7v, 4.3v, 5v, and 6v. Also have compared LR 901's to LR 510's. 510 wins every time. I will say the 901 seems to be at it's best around 5v, but still sucks :(.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Thank you for your comments Xanax. It could be my throat is much weaker than yours as sometimes I find the 510 on an eGo battery a little harsh. But I agree that the 910 is somewhat of a ...... Not sure what a difference the higher voltages would make.

Have you done these tests with the 801 atty?

I have not tried 801 atty's yet. So I can't really comment. But yeah the regular 510 atty's on an ego battery (considering you got a good atty) can be harsh sometimes. I don't know what circumstances cause it but I wish I could reproduce it LOL. The only atty's I've had experience with are kr808 style, 901, 510, 4081 (401? Might be the same thing) and l88b. I do need to try an 801 sometime. Also a 306 as well. Heh.

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
I just ordered my first 801 so I can't comment on that yet.
Maybe I've had dud 510s, but in my experience although the 510s can produce more vapour, they
can't beat the 901s for taste, nowhere near. Even the atty on those 'crappy' e-health mini cigs can beat the 510. On new batteries, the 510s might have an edge. But after 3 months, the 510 batts can hardly get 40 long draws while the 901s can go 70 or more. If I want more vapor, I use the 901 LRs.

I no longer use 510s anymore, not because of the above, but because I got used to autos for overall control. I tend to press too long on manuals.

Nautiboy1279

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Ridge NY
I have a mod with digital variable voltage adjustment capabilities, and have vaped with both the 510 and the 901. It is clear that the 510 gives off MUCH more vapor at lower voltages and way more flavor. I can vape the 510 at 3.3 and be completely content with the amount of taste and vapor. Though when using the 901, if I vape at 3.3 volts I need to take a 10 second manual vape to come close to the vapor amounts on the 510 (SLB 2.0v Reg 510 atty). If I crank up the voltage to about a 4.0 on the 901, its starts making a really good amount of vapor, but my main concern is the very short amount of vapes it takes for the 901 to get hot at that voltage. After 5 vapes at 4.0, it is considerably hot (not too hot to touch, but enough for you to think maybe you should change it out temporarily). I do like to have this in my collection though as it gives off a very smooth, cool vape. It saved the day last week when I had ordered some mocha flavored juice, and the place which I had purchased it unfortunately made a VERY harsh mix of flavor. Using the 510 with this juice was just unbearable, but with the 901, it was thankfully VERY tasty, and smooth. So my conclusion is that the 901 is definitely not a monster by any means, but can be a very useful tool for a veteran vaper, or even someone who just happened to get some harsh juice lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread