The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DTL Tank Recommendations Please!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by StephLK, Feb 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. StephLK

StephLK Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks to all the amazing help on THIS THREAD, I've got a plan for getting a new mod.

Now, I want a new tank or two to try out. I currently use Vaporesso GT2 Coils (0.2 ohm) and vape at 60-70 W. I'm a DTL vaper (I just learned this terminology, so forgive me if I've not doing it right).

The only I think know for sure that I want is the ability to adjust the air flow as needed.

What's best? Or if you vape like I do, what's your favorite tank?

• Like Like x 2
  2. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I didn't get into DL until I started building my own RTAs (only did MTL) so I haven't tried any of these (but is what I would get myself)

• Like Like x 1
  5. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. VapingMattCA

VapingMattCA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2010
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I have several of the V-Jet Sense Tanks and they work really well. I had one that had a defective seal/O-ring at fill ports which made it leak but other than that they work great. Only wish they held more juice. I vape these at 50 to 65 Watts with flavor and vapor being excellent. You will want a dual 18650 mod for these so you have reasonable battery life, although a 75W device would work with proper battery.

$2.50 each VD20 for 20% off order
    Sense Vjet Tank

Coils $2.50 each for 5
    Sense V-Jet Replacement Coil - 5PK

• Like Like x 1
  7. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    @VapingMattCA Just looked at that site... never knew about it. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. VapingMattCA

Feb 27, 2010
    West Palm Beach, FL
    They process and ship orders very fast. Only thing their shipping is a bit pricey. They do have some really good prices on some stuff. My guess is the VJet coils price will be lowered again. They have over 8k in stock.

• Like Like x 1
  9. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Just wondering how you know how many they have in stock (someone else gave me a tip about loading your cart until they say there are no more... did you load up 8K)? Would love to know how you did that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    @StephLK , didn't mean to side track your thread... any updates for us?
    Another good tank is the Uwell Valyrian (v1 and v2)... but having a hard time finding them (out of stock, must be very popular)

• Like Like x 1
  11. VapingMattCA

Feb 27, 2010
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Kangerwholesaleusa tells you their current stock. You must create an account to see prices etc. Most other sites I will put in a very large number and add to cart and just about all of them will tell what their current stock is or tell you there is not enough and then you can lower your number and try again until you can add to cart.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    ^^^ :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigPappa

BigPappa Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    I am a DTL user, although I vape at lower watts, not that that matters. I am a fan of the Vaporesso line of NRG, NRG SE, and SKRR's... they all take GT coils... I also like the Hellbeast. The SKRR is on sale right now for about $13 at VapeNW.

• Like Like x 1
  14. StephLK

Jun 11, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Thank you all for the great recommendations! Had a lot going on the last few days so haven't had a chance to look through it all yet. That's the plan for the weekend!

15. StephLK

Jun 11, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Question- how is a sub ohm tank different than a regular one? Could I use the coils I already have?

16. BigPappa

BigPappa Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    The coils would need to be compatible with the tank... i.e.: The Hellbeast takes GT coils, but also has an adapter for Nautilus coils.. So you can run sub-ohm GT's or 1.6/1.8 ohm Nautilus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.