Experienced restricted DTL/loose MTL-ers, what setups do you enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boiller

Dec 16, 2017
Portugal
I haven't been vaping long and most of the time has been on big DTL RTAs (Zeus single/dual, Smok Big Baby Beast, OBS Engine Mini) on a Voopoo Drag, mostly with 70/30 juice.

Recently I acquired a JAC Vapour Series-B DNA75 and I've been vaping on a Cthulhu Hastur 24mm version, with the 2mm airflow tightener and I've been enjoying it immensely. Fully open AFC for DTL, barely open for loose MTL. It's a much stealthier and enjoyable experience than before and I want to "specialize" in this way of vaping.

So, I'm looking for any and all kinds of input to improve this style of vaping.

RTAs: I'd love to find a good RTA that sits flush on the JAC, but the only 25mm I can find is the original Siren? Are there any new or old RTAs at 25mm you'd recommend? Open to all and any suggestions (22-25mm, clones or originals, new or old - I find the community strives on shinyitus, are there any old gems floating around?)

Juice: I only know 70/30 ratio juice, would I enjoy more balanced ratios? I'm not particularly looking for throat hit, I like smooth and warm. Usually icy flavors. I'm also considering buying unflavored base, try that and maybe later start adding some very light flavorings (mostly menthol or so).

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I'd love to find a good RTA that sits flush on the JAC
Typically you shouldn't be worrying about the 'step' between an atty and the mod. That 'breaking facade' actually makes it look cooler.

Papsv3, Spheroid, Small.jpg

What really matters is the vape quality you derive out of the combo. If your JAC and the Cthulhu makes for a fine vape ~ enjoy the satisfaction, forget about the looks!

Boiller

Dec 16, 2017
Portugal
Typically you shouldn't be worrying about the 'step' between an atty and the mod. That 'breaking facade' actually makes it look cooler.

What really matters is the vape quality you derive out of the combo. If your JAC and the Cthulhu makes for a fine vape ~ enjoy the satisfaction, forget about the looks!

Yeah, I agree with you. Just being nitpicky as the JAC has an extended lip purposefully for 25mm and doesn't look as good as a tube with smaller tanks :)

@Asbestos4004 thank you for your suggestions, I'll look into these

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
barely open for loose MTL. It's a much stealthier and enjoyable experience than before and I want to "specialize" in this way of vaping.

That is what I call "hybrid" or "Chimera" style vaping and is what I do exclusively. Currently I am doing this with a Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA. Great little single coil rebuildable tank that is 24.2mm diameter and should look good on your JAC. I did switch out the drip tip to one with a narrower bore though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I guess you'd be looking for a setup kinda restricted on a more sub0hm designed RTA or a fairly airy MTL RTA. IDK if you've considered the Ares, that can be non-restrictive on the right airflow setting, but it's a 24 mm RTA. It's really fairly adjustable. I am a fan of the Siren V2 with the airflow wide open, but many folks have complained of flavor with this RTA (although it's one of my favorites, at the right wattage and with the right airflow).

If you want to go the other direction where you have an RTA that is set up more for DL, but restricting it some, I am sure there are good options, but I am not the person to tell you what they are (best of luck!)

Anna

Reactions: Boiller

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Yeah, I guess you'd be looking for a setup kinda restricted on a more sub0hm designed RTA or a fairly airy MTL RTA. IDK if you've considered the Ares, that can be non-restrictive on the right airflow setting, but it's a 24 mm RTA. It's really fairly adjustable. I am a fan of the Siren V2 with the airflow wide open, but many folks have complained of flavor with this RTA (although it's one of my favorites, at the right wattage and with the right airflow).

If you want to go the other direction where you have an RTA that is set up more for DL, but restricting it some, I am sure there are good options, but I am not the person to tell you what they are (best of luck!)

Anna

Here’s a picture of the Ares on the Jac Sandstorm. I think it looks pretty good!

69c163e2346d41a664b9a3394c6793af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Here’s a picture of the Ares on the Jac Sandstorm. I think it looks pretty good!

My wife loves her Ares tanks but they are very tight, true MTL tanks. Even at fully open AF would NOT be considered a "loose MTL" or a "restricted DTL" which is what OP is after.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
@Boiller, the original Boreas rta can still be found at gearbest.
Its 25 mm and holds 8mls, nice pkg, two build decks and extras.
It has an afc ring from 1-4 openings. I started on 2 open and worked into 3 open and enjoyed a restricted dtl draw for 2+yrs with this tank. Generally with a .33 build ss26g 3.5id with 8 wraps dual coil around 40 watts/400f.
Only stopped using it because I wanted a squonker.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread