Dual Coil Atomizer from Clouds of Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

10mmshooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
WA
What do you mean! I've run the 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 ohm dcas in mine at 3.7, 5, 6, and 7.4v without any issues. I've never even blown one tbh :/

Its not blown, its performance dropped off after 2 weeks. I cleaned it, still not so good. I have other LR attys that have lasted 6 months. Might just be a bad one.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
For vaping 3.7v, you're better off with an HH.357 1.5ohm long barrel (in stock right now). 3.7v isn't enough to adequately power even the lowest resistance dual coil atomizer (1.5ohm*2). Even though the HH is a bit more expensive, you'll get better vapor and WAY better flavor out of it (which is the case even if you had a VV, 5, or 6v device for the higher resistance DCAs)

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
For vaping 3.7v, you're better off with an HH.357 1.5ohm long barrel (in stock right now). 3.7v isn't enough to adequately power even the lowest resistance dual coil atomizer (1.5ohm*2). Even though the HH is a bit more expensive, you'll get better vapor and WAY better flavor out of it (which is the case even if you had a VV, 5, or 6v device for the higher resistance DCAs)

I agree, the 1.5 ohm dual coil needs at least about 4.1 to 4.2 volts to really start shining, more if possible. It's definitely not terrible on a 3.7v (I actually like it a lot in my Ultramax), but it really seems to hit my sweet spot right around 4.5 volts - something a Provari has trouble with (mine caps out at 4.2 volts with the dual coil atty). The 2.5 ohm version works great on the Provari in the 5.5 to 6v range, and puts out amazing taste and vapor. I'd love to get a 1.25 ohm version for my 3.7v devices.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Agree! A 1.25 or even a 1.1-1.2 from that EU site would kill it at 3.7v as far as I'm concerned! After reading your post, I recomissioned my SR HH.357 and stuck it in my UFSv2 and put it on my Provari. My only issue is that I can't remember why I ever put it back in my ecig storage box...
I have 2 1.5ohm and 2 3ohm brushed stainless long barrels on the way from avid! In all my vaping experience, I've never used a LR HH, so I'm stoked to try one out in my extended mode 510 odysseus! I've been stuck with one of the 1.5ohm hybrid atties from COV, which is a great atty that puts out heaps of vapor and excellent favor, but the draw just isn't to my liking and the juice feed holes are too low down on the 510 connector, so it hasn't been working as well as if I was just dripping with it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread