Dual coil tank Paintorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchjunkie

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
SoCal
Here is a simple and kick-ask dual-coil carto tank you can make for cheap. The O-rings size depend on the clear tube you use, you need 3/8" I.D. and the O.D. of the O-ring should be about the same or a little bigger than the I.D. of your tube. I am using some 1/2" I.D. lexan tubing I found at work, It is about 1/16 thick. You drill two 1mm holes in the sides of the dual coil very carefully so you don't punch through to the coil. Then you drill a 1/16" or so (this one isn't critical, make it whatever size works for you) hole all the way through your tube. This is your fill hole. Cut the off of a carto condom so you have a really wide silicone rubber band. You will stretch this over the outside of your tank to cover your fill holes when you are done filling. Make sure after you fill that the batting inside has time to soak up enough juice to get the coils wet.

dualtank.jpg

Sorry, no real pics right now as I have no way to get a pic from a camera to the interwebs while I am at work. I have four built so far, none leak and they all give super juicy dual coil flavor all day long.

clutchjunkie

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
SoCal
Bad news- the first fill, they fill great, but when you go to refill them you will need to plug the bottom hole of the threaded end to keep juice from coming out. Keep it plugged until you get the condom band over the fill holes after you are done filling, then blow the air tube out and you are good to go.

Still no leaking, outside of my second fill experience. I have been keeping a couple in my pocket for a few days now, upside down, sideways, ect. and no problems. Not even any gurgling. They always give that "fresh filled" vape too- even after a day or two of usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread