Dual-Coil with RM-2 (Thanks darkzero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

somewhere21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Keene, NH
I just made one after seeing the pics in darkzero's post, it works pretty well. Meters out at 0.8ohms. Anyone else use these or have problems with them?

CAM00421.jpg

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i just wrap both at the same time on the same bit of silica - they hit 1 dead with 4 wraps of 32g Kanthal - less hassle, in fact as fast to make as a 2 Ohm with just one wire.

All that threading is a yawn for me! If i wanted to make cotton balls go like that and tease and roll them, i'd have been a weaver. It's pretty; but time is my enemy.

I have seen similar with quad coils and so on - but something's wrong if you need that. My Holy Grail is easy to replicate, reliable (for a week at least) wicks and coils i can use without blowing my face off or using truck batteries to power!

What you have will work just as well as mine,maybe, but the issue with dual coils like that is one of air flow - typically they are on opposite sides and each airhole supplies one coil. So - you have to drill another or widen them as you have those.

T

somewhere21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Keene, NH
I'll have to try that. These are stacked, so air flow is not a problem. Plus the coil closest to the airhole is a little higher resistance and take a split second to catch up to the back one. I have noticed much warmer vapor than my usually 1.1ohm single coil.

Time wasn't bad, under 5 minutes, but I have 20/20 and have never had any problem threading cotton.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
I thought there would need to be a third post to do dual coil but apparently not, might try this.

Not needed as long as there's enough room & the wire holes are large enough to accomodate two wires (they usually are). Three posts just makes it a bit easier.

There actually used to be a third post there but without the open hole it wouldn't work for bottom feeding.

Img_4254_zps91988854.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread