Dual coils on an Ego One 2200 mah battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarfanatic20

Sep 19, 2015
Hello all! I have been in the vaping world for a couple of months now and I just bought the Ego One starter kit with the 2200 mah battery. It's voltage range is 3.3 to 4.2 volts as it decreases when the battery drains and it is protected. It is non-variable and it can support sub-ohm vaping 0.5 ohms and above. I recently bought the Kanger Mini Subtank with the RBA base. It came with a 0.5 ohm coil already built in the RBA base and it came with an extra 0.5 ohm replacement. I wanted to add the extra one it came with to the one in the base to make it a dual coils using the two 0.5 ohm coils. Would this be dangerous to my battery? I understand the battery will drain quicker but is there a chance of a dual coil setup destroying my battery?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello all! I have been in the vaping world for a couple of months now and I just bought the Ego One starter kit with the 2200 mah battery. It's voltage range is 3.3 to 4.2 volts as it decreases when the battery drains and it is protected. It is non-variable and it can support sub-ohm vaping 0.5 ohms and above. I recently bought the Kanger Mini Subtank with the RBA base. It came with a 0.5 ohm coil already built in the RBA base and it came with an extra 0.5 ohm replacement. I wanted to add the extra one it came with to the one in the base to make it a dual coils using the two 0.5 ohm coils. Would this be dangerous to my battery? I understand the battery will drain quicker but is there a chance of a dual coil setup destroying my battery?

Putting in a second 0.5 ohm coil will make the resulting dual parallel coil setup read 0.25 ohms. It should not fire at 0.25 ohms but if it does it will be pulling too many amps from the battery to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread