Dual Tricro Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
Did a search here and did not see any threads on a dual tricoil so thought I would share my experience. Advanced builders will probably laugh, but I recommend this for beginners just getting into that novice level like myself. I built a tricoil using RIPs helpful video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkMOOMWe8iQ

Really enjoyed the vape and was super easy and fun to do. However for my vaping style it posed a couple problems.

- My Helios is reserved for quads so I did it on my Patriot. Patriot airflow is not adjustable so a coil on only one side is not ideal to me
- The resistance end up in the 1.5 - 1.7, so not ideal for me on a mech and have to use my Provari only

So I thought why not make another one and slap it on the other side? Came out pretty good.

- Essentially you can have like 6 logical coils with only 2 parallel so you can still easily keep it in the safer ohm range of .7, .8
- Produces excellent vapor and flavor, RIP goes into the physics in the video so I will have to take his word on that.

Only drawback is it does take a bit to heat up because of all of that 28 gauge that has to heat up, but it makes for a smooth vape that gradually builds into a lung filler. And once its going its chuckin. I think this also might be my novice skills as my coils, even on the single build, are not getting as bright as RIPs. Once I get a little better I can get the coils tighter, I think I can improve this heatup time.

If you are bored give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread