Dual Wick/Coil advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bnormous

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Charlotte
So I Have a Bliss and a Cobra.

Here's what I am doing. Taking a really long piece of 32g Kanthal.
I then take one wick that is wrapped in cigarette paper and wrap a 4-5 wrap coil.
Then I take the wire and tighten it under the either the thumbscrew(cobra) or the washers and screw(BliSS)

After the first coil is wrapped I thread a 4/5 coil onto a second wick using the extra long kanthal that is attached to the positive screw. that wick is also wrapped in cig paper.

I fire it on my Rukkus box mod and adjust it till they all glow red.
Then I throw it on my Zmax to check the ohms and it wont fire and it reads at .8 ohms.

why is this happening. what am i doing wrong?

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
So I Have a Bliss and a Cobra.

Here's what I am doing. Taking a really long piece of 32g Kanthal.
I then take one wick that is wrapped in cigarette paper and wrap a 4-5 wrap coil.
Then I take the wire and tighten it under the either the thumbscrew(cobra) or the washers and screw(BliSS)

After the first coil is wrapped I thread a 4/5 coil onto a second wick using the extra long kanthal that is attached to the positive screw. that wick is also wrapped in cig paper.

I fire it on my Rukkus box mod and adjust it till they all glow red.
Then I throw it on my Zmax to check the ohms and it wont fire and it reads at .8 ohms.

why is this happening. what am i doing wrong?
Two 1.6 ohm coils parallel become a .8 ohm. You will have to go to more wraps on each coil to take them up to 3ohms each, then the two together would be 1.5ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread