Status
Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
What kinds of battery? That may make a big difference.

I took a VTC4 down to 2.14 once and it has lived a happy life ever since, only now starting to get a little shorter on its ability to perform after two years in rotation.

As was mentioned, verify it on a MM, just to make sure your charger is not telling lies. If that`s OK, it should take a long time to reach a full charge, like 4-6 hours depending on which charger you use. If it reaches full charge in an hour or two, or less, its surely toast.
Then it will come down to its ability to perform, if it only last`s for minutes, or one good hit, its toast.

And of course, if the VS has a real problem, that should be solved before it costs you a lot of batteries.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So I left a battery in my vaporshark dna40 for a couple days and did not use it. Took the battery out and put it on the charger and it read 1.67 volts. Is this battery trash now?

Not a dumb question :). I agree with TE:

After confirming the voltage with a multi meter, It would be if it were mine.

I'd also want to know what / why the vaporshart malfunctioned and caused the battery to be over discharged.

As I understand it, the problem with taking a battery below around 2.5V is it suffers damage that if bad enough can cause an internal short at any time. 1.7V would be too low for me to take the risk of vaping it again. I would also consider charging it a risk, but that's just me.

Reactions: Baditude

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
Well this isn't the first battery the vaporshark killed. I got rid of the first one but this one is a brand new Samsung 25r and I didnt WANT to get rid of it.

I'm thinking that maybe that "heartbeat", as PBusardo called it, isn't stopping after a half hour like it is supposed to. It reads resistance and temperature constantly and is supposed to stop like 30 minutes after the last time you hit the fire button.

Whatever the problem is, I'm now getting rid of this battery and retiring the old vaporshark...
Thanks for the confirmation and input!

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Well this isn't the first battery the vaporshark killed. I got rid of the first one but this one is a brand new Samsung 25r and I didnt WANT to get rid of it.

I'm thinking that maybe that "heartbeat", as PBusardo called it, isn't stopping after a half hour like it is supposed to. It reads resistance and temperature constantly and is supposed to stop like 30 minutes after the last time you hit the fire button.

Whatever the problem is, I'm now getting rid of this battery and retiring the old vaporshark...
Thanks for the confirmation and input!

Wait!

Did you check the battery with a multimeter first?
Right before my subox broke it would always show diffrent and wrong values - However my multimeter AND my charger would show me the right values. Both batteries are perfectly fine even today.

However i don't have any experience with vaporshark so i can't tell if they often sell faulty batteries.. :/
But make sure you check with a multimeter first, else you risk tossing a perfectly fine batt. Maybe it's the mod that's showing the wrong value.

EDIT: i missread and now noticed your charger said 1.6. However my point still stands, check with a multimeter before you throw it away.

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
I thought the DNA40 had a hardwired non-removable 18650? As stated, take an 18650 below 2.5v and it's going to sustain damage, below 2.0v and it needs to be recycled.
rDNA 40. Replaceable batts. I kinda doubt my charger was wrong. The battery wouldn't even turn the screen on. I know from the first time it happened, the battery only dropped to 2.3 and still had enough to power the screen to tell me I had a dead batt.
I've sent this one to the battery grave. 5 dollar battery ain't worth as much as my face or hands!
Thanks for the input, everyone. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread