Dumb newbie question :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

molli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
I am going to hopefully be ordering a sampler from Alice in Vapeland when they reopen. Do I need to 'steep' the juices? Yes, its a dumb question, but I am moving up from a cig-a-like to a 900MAh and clearomizer (as soon as it gets here!) Also, same question on the juices from Heathers Heavenly Vapes that are coming with my new system. Thank you in advance for your tolerance.

Shy De

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Oregon
I am going to hopefully be ordering a sampler from Alice in Vapeland when they reopen. Do I need to 'steep' the juices? Yes, its a dumb question, but I am moving up from a cig-a-like to a 900MAh and clearomizer (as soon as it gets here!) Also, same question on the juices from Heathers Heavenly Vapes that are coming with my new system. Thank you in advance for your tolerance.

Ha ha... tolerance? No worries... that isn't stupid actually. Some people don't know enough to ask. But, I have found AiV is better with steeping at least a week. That is my opinion maybe others say less or more. But, I think in general steeping is needed for the best possible outcome. :)

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
It depends on the juice. Some need steeping and some don't, some need a long steep and some are fine with a shorter steep. And the thing is, people can only suggest, because your taste buds are the only ones that can tell when it's best for you. Try them right out of the box, and if they're not wonderful, put them away for a few days or a week and try them again. Rinse and repeat.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas

Hi Molli! Good to see you again :) your question is not stupid.. Not asking and making lots of unnecessary mistakes is stupid! I will also be ordering from AiV when the open Wed so can't help you there but HHV samples were all great right out of the box except one ( eight samples ) my 30 ml Piña colada I steeped two days with cap and nipple off ( shaking once or twice a day) then cap on for a week tasted it .. Awesome! And still getting better.. My suggestion is also trust your NOSE! If it smells perfumy or such .. Probably needs to steep ( try the two days caps off ) then throw in a drawer for a week try it.. If still not good one more week try again .. If after several weeks it still taste bad .. You just don't like that juice. :)

molli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
Btw Molli,
I have 10 30 mls coming from HHV, some coming from AVE, some from Mt Baker Vapor ( super fast shipping plus lots of people say doesn't need much or any steeping) I will let you know how they are :) keep us updated :)

Here is what I ordered from HHV..the first four are a 'sampler'. So I should let them all steep a bit then.
Flavor #1 Angels Kiss
Flavor #2 Parrothead
Flavor #3 Bleeding Heart
Flavor #4 Caramel Cappuccino
1 x Dragon's Breath (Purity)

Also the two small bottles I got from Litecig, I took tops off, shook, let sit over night, shook, and sniffed. I can now actually smell the caramel one. It was odorless before, and the cartomizer I filled tastes 'burnt' right out of the bottle. The menthol also smells 'better'. I'll be letting them sit a while longer.

Last edited:

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi Molli! The samples I got from HHV were all good right out of the box but letting them steep at least a day or two would probably make them even better. The only one from your list I've tried is bleeding heart ( ended up last on my like list ) I'm curious about caramel cappuccino ( i tried mocha java smooth.. Pretty good ) try blueberry muffin ( omg soooo good tastes just like it) keep me updated! Cya Molli :)

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread