Dumb Question (yes they do exist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-smok3

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Tennessee
I am sorry if this is answered elsewhere or is maybe self evident. When someone responds to one of my comments in a thread, is there some way for me to know that? In other words when someone likes a comment you get a notification but if someone comments on a comment I made in a thread I have to search it out. It is not that big of a deal; however if someone asks a question about my post I would like to answer it. To be clear I am referring to threads that I have commented on not ones that I have started. Thanks from a beginner :p

kooganani

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
Queens, NY
I agree that subscribing to a thread can let you know when someone responds to your post, however I think x-smok3 may be also asking about threads that were started by someone else. When you post to a thread that someone else started, and someone replies to your post, you may see that they added a post to the thread, but not necessarily that they responded to your post specifically.

I recommend clicking on the "Display" dropdown at the top of any thread and select "Switch to Hybrid View." This will affect all threads that you view, and it will show you who replied to the original poster and who replied to a specific sub-post.

Thanks for asking the (definitely not dumb) question, x-smok3, I've been wondering about this, as well.

QBass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
spooning the Trinity River in Texas
This is absolutely not a dumb question. :p You can also click on the "What's New?" menu item and select "My Posts" from the dropdown menu. This will show all of the posts you have participated in with the latest posts to have activity coming first. This forum is set up with LOTS of options for doing things in your own special way! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread