Dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briflexia

Aug 2, 2018
As a medic my vote is see your Dr.

If we came upon you experiencing those symptoms you would probably be a "load and go", depending on your age and general presentation, now that you appear to be back to normal, I say that because you felt good enough to come to the forum and type, you would become a "stay and play" and as your heart rate returned to normal, vitals stabilized and no other symptoms (joint pain, jaw pain, pain between shoulder blades, plugged ears, perspiration, etc...) we would tell you to see your Dr. As to what caused I have no idea which is why you should see your Dr and soon.

ETA Just noticed you are female, females can present atypical. See your DR.
What do you mean by a typical ha? And yes after I puked I got a bad headache but I could breathe again thankfully and started being able to see again so I wasn’t in a rush after that to a hospital but damn I was close to calling when I started blacking out but thank god I had people there because I couldn’t even see the screen on my phone to call

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Briflexia

Aug 2, 2018
Sounds like you had a panic attack, but Nicotine overdose can cause lightheadedness, cold extremities (hands and fingers), ringing in the ears, dizziness, rapid heartbeat, and a cold sweat. Were you a former smoker or are you a non-smoker who tried vaping?

What strength are you vaping? You said 6ml in your post, but that's a liquid quantity. Nicotine content is usually expressed as milligram per milliliter (as in 24mg/ml). I started at 24mg/ml at first and never had nic overdose effects, but I was a 2 PAD smoker. 18mg/ml is a common starting point for most smokers.

If you happen to be a non-smoker who wanted to try vaping, a good nicotine starting point in your juice would be 3mg/ml or no more than 6mg/ml. Since you stopped for a year before vaping you need low nicotine or maybe even no nic to start, especially if you are vaping on a cloud atomizer, direct to lung high, airflow mod. If you can breathe easily through the atomizer it's a DTL device and you get a lot of nic at one time.

Since you haven't smoked for a year even a little nic can cause the symptoms you described, but you should get checked out by a doctor. What you described could be nic overdose or a just a panic attack, or a combination of both, but until you are diagnosed by an MD all bets are off.

Blacking out can also be a heart rhythm issue, so go have a checkout with an EKG and blood work and find out if you are having skipped heartbeats or something else. If a doctor checks you out it will also give you confidence that it's likely nothing serious.

I'm no doctor, but when I was younger I had similar symptoms once or twice. Getting checked out boosted my confidence that it was a transient occurrence brought on by stress.
See I got worried about maybe the anxiety attack part to but I wasn’t really in a anxious mood I was pretty okay when it happened and that’s why I was leading towards the nicotine issue but then talking to my bfs mom about my possible thyroid issues that concerned me as well but out of all the times over ever smoked I’ve never had it happen before that’s why I was so scared I was nic sick but yet my mother told me maybe something could have happened to my blood pressure too and idk I do know I need to see my doctor though even if it was the nic and I end up feeling stupid lol

• Agree

Briflexia

Aug 2, 2018
Generally any effect you get from vaping are within a few seconds. It sounds like you have some other condition you should have checked out.
That’s what I was thinking they kept saying it was probably the nicotine that did it but everything I always read said it was a pretty quick thing to happen and I wasn’t really vaping much at all before it happened and I was fine up until I felt my heart start racing and then I tried to brush it off because I had one similar thing like that happen once in the past but it went away fairly quick so I didn’t think about it but this time I barley made it out of the bathroom because I couldn’t see or walk well

• Optimistic

Briflexia

Aug 2, 2018
Hi and welcome,
How long did you smoke and how did you quit?
If you had successfully stopped using nicotine, why would you begin again?
Switch to 0.0% juice. (No more nicotine OD)
What kind of device are you using? (smok/vapresso/Juul)
Where are you located?
Do you take any doctor prescribed medications for anxiety?

Cheers
I
I started back up again because I’ve been so stressed at work and stuff and I just wanted something to calm me when I needed it like I used to ha and it’s an eleaf only goes up to 40watts and I was at 3mg but bumped up to 6mg because it wasn’t calming me down and the 6 was fine up until whatever just happened to me lol and I am not on medications anymore I used to be on a anti depressant but that was months ago and it didn’t help at all so it was pointless to take lol

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad you are going to the doctor. Better that than missing a really important dx.. When I saw a cardio for the first time they said I might have had a heart attack already, based on my EKG. "Or it could just be an artifact of the lead placement," he ended. Mentally I was like "DO IT AGAIN THEN."

It was a tense week or so, but my heart got looked at however they do, and it was an artifact of the lead placement, I was fine. I sort of KIND of think the dude may have hated smokers and/or wanted to bill my insurance for a more expensive test, but either way he said people do that all the time (have heart attacks and not know it) and just walk around for a long time afterward.

So, better safe than sorry. I've had my share of panic attacks and they're not fun but I would have felt really dumb freaking, having ignored a heart attack, etc.

Anna

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Well, if I was your doctor, I would say any is too much! But as a smoker, I try to use as little as possible to satisfy my cravings, so I can stay off cigarettes. Any more than that is more than I want.
If I was your doctor I would say that, while nicotine has effects on physiological systems that could theoretically lead to health harms, at systemic concentrations experienced by smokers and e-cigarette users, long-term use of nicotine by ‘snus’ (a low nitrosamine form of smokeless tobacco) users has not been found to increase the risk of serious health problems in adults.

Evidence review of e-cigarettes and heated tobacco products 2018: executive summary

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread