Duplicating a flavor I'm hooked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

patzi

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Colorado
I started vaping Cignot's english toffee and am hopelessly hooked on it. Sadly it is quite expensive so I bought all the stuff to try duplicating it. No luck. It doesn't taste the same, and I either get it too thick or too thin. The ET flavoring from Lorann is quite thin so I didn't think I'd need to add water. I'm not sure if that's the problem, but it just doesn't taste like Cignot's. No wonder it's so expensive. Any tips? I'd be really grateful for some help or for some recommendations of other pre-made juices that might be similar.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Try the English Toffee from Loranns Natural line and also the one from TPA. Both are good but taste very different. The PG/VG ratio that they use will make a difference in taste. VG is muting and sweet. Check and see if they list what ratio that they use in the site description. Good luck.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
The cignot's website says that the English Toffee is LorAnn's based.. very unusual, in my experience., I would start making batches at 3%, 5%, 10%, 15% and 20%., Taste after steeping and pick one that might be close in taste. Depending on the result of that taste test, I might try caramel.
When you have your closest guess, mix a batch at your nic level and let it age., You should really be able to come close, given that Cignot's has given you a HUGH head start by telling you LorAnn's is used.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I know the one you're talking about. It's made by EcoPure. The ingredients are listed on the bottle and it is Lorann ET. I have a bottle of it and it smells exactly like EcoPure. If I remember correctly, EP juice is around 97% VG which would mean they only use 3% flavoring. I might be wrong on those numbers but if you still have the bottle, take a look and you should be able to figure out how much flavoring to use based on the percentage of VG/PG in the mix. That's one good thing about EcoPure, you know exactly what's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread