Dura question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROB26

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2009
Fort Worth TX
I used to have the same problem...it was primarily due to me pulling too hard, as Cage stated. I also find that removing the cart every so often and wiping down the sides helps a bit as well....Took me a while to get used to not sucking on these things like a cigarette, but now that I have, I've experienced virtually no e-liquid on my lips or in my mouth

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I was getting that too, then I started refilling the cartridge with a medicine dropper (a syringe would probably work better, but I just can't bring myself to buy one) and poking the fiber with a pin to let the liquid flow through the material rather than pool. I also blow through the mouthpiece and let it sit for a minute or so before using.

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
Never cleaned mine yet. 1 month + and still vapin' up the place.
However I have cleaned my 901's and penstyle to sample flavors.
I use an air compressor, but would not recommend that method.
You can easily use to much air pressure and kill your atomizer, and I would feel bad.
Some folks just blow them out, some rinse with water first, then use a hair dryer, oven dry at about 180 F, air/drip dry over night, shake and blow, whatever you like.

I think it's important to get rid of any residual water used asap, but that's just me.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Also make sure your not blocking the gold coloured band as it has airholes for the atomizer. If you find your blocking them you'll end up sucking liquid as though it was a straw.

VapeOn,
Greg

Smokum,

It seemed like my atomizer was running hot. I thought it was because I was smoking it too heavily. Now I'm thinking I usually held it around the gold band...probably 99% of the time. Could I have been blocking the holes thus overheating the atomizer? Or would this just effect the sucking of the liquid you refer to?

Lu

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Hi Lu....

Both actually, lol. If you end up restricting the air holes it will prevent airflow to both keep the atomizer from overheating as designed to allow you to "gently" draw on the device.

If your blocking those vents you will be naturally drawing harder than intended preventing the liquid to wick the atomizer properly and directing it improperly towards your mouth while not aiding in the atomizer's cooling.

That air passages around the gold band's placement in my eyes was a poor design thought as the average smoker would naturally hold the device like a cigarette which is exactly where that band is. But its hard to complain about that when I'm enjoying the Dura so much at the moment.

Hi freddo,

I believe the original design of these devices was to stay on a little longer beyond your puff so that the atomizer wicks the juice to wet it for your next puff.

However, most complain it doesn't stay on long enough, lol.

VapeOn,
Greg

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Hi Lu....

Both actually, lol. If you end up restricting the air holes it will prevent airflow to both keep the atomizer from overheating as designed to allow you to "gently" draw on the device.

If your blocking those vents you will be naturally drawing harder than intended preventing the liquid to wick the atomizer properly and directing it improperly towards your mouth while not aiding in the atomizer's cooling.

That air passages around the gold band's placement in my eyes was a poor design thought as the average smoker would naturally hold the device like a cigarette which is exactly where that band is. But its hard to complain about that when I'm enjoying the Dura so much at the moment.

Thanks Greg. Yes, that band seems to be right where I would hold it like a cig...lol

This is a great hint....now that I know about it, I will be more aware of how I hold it. I never even saw them there! Ah....learn something new every day.

Glad I saw this ;)

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread