Durability of the chrome provari finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazeyPurpleHippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hey all,
Yay, I'm finally ordering my provari tomorrow! After all these months of desire! So, I have my heart set on the chrome finish, but I'm worried about how well the chrome will stand up to scratching, and tarnish from skin oils. So I was hoping to get some advice/opinions from anyone who has experience with the chrome provari?

HazeyPurpleHippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I have only had my Chrome Provari for a couple weeks, so I can't really say how it holds up, but the biggest complaint about it is that it shows fingerprints the worst. Personally to be safe I made this.

Thanks for the info. Yea, I'm not too worried about fingerprints, as I will wipe it down, and pollish it all the time. As for dropping it, or carrying it around, I'm not worried about that either. I'm super careful. I have had my fragile plastic Tekk mod for a long time, and have never dropped it once. All though I guess you never know. But that carbon fiber case you made is phenominal!!! It looks so professionally made. That is a great idea, and I will definately make the investment, even if I dont use the shell all the time, it would be awesome to have for camping trips, or when I go on tour during festival season! I love that u can slide it in and out just by holding down the button. Very inovative!

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Thanks for the info. Yea, I'm not too worried about fingerprints, as I will wipe it down, and pollish it all the time. As for dropping it, or carrying it around, I'm not worried about that either. I'm super careful. I have had my fragile plastic Tekk mod for a long time, and have never dropped it once. All though I guess you never know. But that carbon fiber case you made is phenominal!!! It looks so professionally made. That is a great idea, and I will definately make the investment, even if I dont use the shell all the time, it would be awesome to have for camping trips, or when I go on tour during festival season! I love that u can slide it in and out just by holding down the button. Very inovative!

LOL Thanks! Trust me...Getting the velvet lined on the inside of that tubing... Pain In The ***! Honestly I was at first worried about the whole "push the button to remove it" thing, but in practice, the button stays down for a fraction of a second.

Olef

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
UK
This is the main reason I went with the natural stainless finish. Any form of coating is going to be less durable than no coating at all and I wanted (and want) to use my Provari and not be afraid to touch it. 3 months in, used every single day, indoors and out, at home and at work and not a mark on it. And I never have to worry about fingerprints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread