Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I don't live in the US so the tax is not an issue for me. I still wonder how an online shopping tax can be enforced for purchases made outside the USA? How do you get a China seller to collect a US tax? That sound crazy to me.
I think that is an Aussie tax, not a US.

• Agree
Reactions: stylemessiah

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I don't live in the US so the tax is not an issue for me. I still wonder how an online shopping tax can be enforced for purchases made outside the USA? How do you get a China seller to collect a US tax? That sound crazy to me.

Ebay and Amazon already caved and sent notices a month ago, despite saying they would fight it, and now FT has joined in. We all wonder how theyre supposed to ask foreign companies to collect australian taxes.....all this because one local retailer who dreams to have a monopoly whinged and whined to the aussie government that online sales were cutting into his business...

Whose to say these companies who arent huge multinationals wont just gouge aussies even further and keep the money, wheres the impetus for them to do extra work for free collecting aussie taxes?

Meanwhile the aussie consumer is stuck in the middle and getting screwed...

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Ebay and Amazon already caved and sent notices a month ago, despite saying they would fight it, and now FT has joined in. We all wonder how theyre supposed to ask foreign companies to collect australian taxes.....all this because one local retailer who dreams to have a monopoly whinged and whined to the aussie government that online sales were cutting into his business...

Whose to say these companies who arent huge multinationals wont just gouge aussies even further and keep the money, wheres the impetus for them to do extra work for free collecting aussie taxes?

Meanwhile the aussie consumer is stuck in the middle and getting screwed...
My good friends, who are business owners and Aussies, moved to the states because the Aussie govt. and its leanings kill the ability for the business owner to be successful. This tax is another case of govt. involvement hurting business and consumer.

Reactions: stylemessiah

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Got my 3.5ml Dvarw yesterday, along with the 3 pc. AFC kit. While building it, I kept thinking - "why did I buy this? A lot of parts, many o-rings, kind of fiddly to build after the doggy." Especially when it came to using the cheesy hex allen key, I felt like I was building Chinese furniture. Really, why not a simple phillips? Now I've got to keep one more tool in my build kit. After using doggies almost exclusively for months, I'd become used to the absolute simplicity of it. Because I'd been wanting to try a less restricted vape, I started with the 2.5mm insert (largest).

I have to say though, that once it was done, it's not too bad. It's my first Coppervape clone, and it came very clean, no smell, and it seems to be very well machined. Because it's so wide open with the 2.5 (not really mtl at all), I can't do a fair comparison to the vape on my previous tanks, but I do kind of like it. Of course, it's heavier and more complicated than the doggy, but it is pretty compact if you don't use the long drip tip that comes with it (truthfully, it's not really complicated - but compared to doggy, everything is). I'm really surprised how solid the vape is with it that wide open. I have to bump the wattage up to get a good hit, but it really is a nice vape.

There'll always be niggles with any tank - with doggy, it's no stop point on the afc, and flat head screws instead of phillips. With this one so far, it's the hex screws - and the "top cap" that goes on the sleeve around the build deck seems to stay attached to the chimney when opening to fill.

I'm going to give this build a little time, then move down to the 2mm insert to see how that does. Based on the quality of the vape at 2.5mm, I'm thinking it might do quite nicely. It is nice that you can change the af with inserts, but it'd be even better to be able to do it without removing the build. Here's a pic, surrounded by doggies.
View attachment 747357

Okay, after using this tank for a while, I have to say I like it - not love it. In fairness, if I hadn't been using the Doggystyle, I'd probably say it's the best tank I'd ever used. But since the Doggy is the competition for my vape time, it's just not quite winning.
  • Size: yes, it's very compact & light, which is important to me. But not quite as much so as the Doggy.
  • Ease of Building: Pretty easy - more parts, but not many more. Really stupid hex screws. A little more fiddly with wicking, to ensure good contact at the wick holes - which isn't difficult, but with Doggy, just cut anywhere near the bottom of the deck and tuck. Doggy unscrews pretty easy, and has only one threaded point. Dvarw, there's 3 sections. Unscrewing it, you have to be careful - the poly tank always wants to unscrew from the deck section, because where the deck section threads to the base is very tight. So you have to really grip the base and deck sections to unscrew. In fact, I had to use rubber grippers a couple of times. I know, some people have issues unscrewing the Doggy, but it's not an issue at all if you don't over tighten it. And yes, it's really a poor choice for SXK not to have put a stop point in the Doggy AF ring to make it easier.
  • Reliability/Design: - Fairly simple, but more parts, more o-rings = more potential fail points. And truth be told, I'm not a real fan of this wicking design. Having the juice above the coil means that you're relying on the surface tension of the wick/juice at the wicking holes to prevent the juice from the tank from flooding into the deck. This makes it more sensitive and susceptible to temperature changes. I learned this from leaving it in my hot car for a very short time. Juice expanding in the tank flooded into the deck/coil area - not a ton, but enough to be an annoyance. One other time lying on its side overnight also caused a bit of gurgling. This never happens to me with the Doggy, even after leaving in a hot car. And the top cap of Dvarw's deck - sometimes it removes when filling, other times it stays on the deck. Not a big deal either way, but you do have to be a little more careful filling when it stays in the tank. And if it stays on the deck, it's one more messy step to remove it and inspect your build.
  • Looks: I don't really care about looks much. It looks okay to me. Well, okay...I do prefer a clear, rather than frosted tank. But looks really mean almost nothing to me. As long as I can see my juice level without some peekaboo window, I'm ok.
  • Performance/Overall: It's a nice tank, and a very nice vape. It's great to have the options to change airflow. I started with the 2.5, and reduced to the 2.0, which was perfect. Flavor is great, and definitely on a par with Doggy. But I'm a die-hard mtl/tobacco flavor ex 40+ year smoker who needs throat hit. This one isn't quite up there with the Doggy in that department. Overall, it's a great tank, and I highly recommend it - especially for someone who wants options in airflow. And I'm not shelving it just because I slightly prefer the doggy. I'm using it with different flavors (trying to expand from my all-tobacco by adding a little strawberry), sitting on my desk as a lower throat hit, morning coffee, occasional hit tank. Right now, it's my 2nd favorite tank.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Okay, after using this tank for a while, I have to say I like it - not love it. In fairness, if I hadn't been using the Doggystyle, I'd probably say it's the best tank I'd ever used. But since the Doggy is the competition for my vape time, it's just not quite winning.
  • Size: yes, it's very compact & light, which is important to me. But not quite as much so as the Doggy.
  • Ease of Building: Pretty easy - more parts, but not many more. Really stupid hex screws. A little more fiddly with wicking, to ensure good contact at the wick holes - which isn't difficult, but with Doggy, just cut anywhere near the bottom of the deck and tuck. Doggy unscrews pretty easy, and has only one threaded point. Dvarw, there's 3 sections. Unscrewing it, you have to be careful - the poly tank always wants to unscrew from the deck section, because where the deck section threads to the base is very tight. So you have to really grip the base and deck sections to unscrew. In fact, I had to use rubber grippers a couple of times. I know, some people have issues unscrewing the Doggy, but it's not an issue at all if you don't over tighten it. And yes, it's really a poor choice for SXK not to have put a stop point in the Doggy AF ring to make it easier.
  • Reliability/Design: - Fairly simple, but more parts, more o-rings = more potential fail points. And truth be told, I'm not a real fan of this wicking design. Having the juice above the coil means that you're relying on the surface tension of the wick/juice at the wicking holes to prevent the juice from the tank from flooding into the deck. This makes it more sensitive and susceptible to temperature changes. I learned this from leaving it in my hot car for a very short time. Juice expanding in the tank flooded into the deck/coil area - not a ton, but enough to be an annoyance. One other time lying on its side overnight also caused a bit of gurgling. This never happens to me with the Doggy, even after leaving in a hot car. And the top cap of Dvarw's deck - sometimes it removes when filling, other times it stays on the deck. Not a big deal either way, but you do have to be a little more careful filling when it stays in the tank. And if it stays on the deck, it's one more messy step to remove it and inspect your build.
  • Looks: I don't really care about looks much. It looks okay to me. Well, okay...I do prefer a clear, rather than frosted tank. But looks really mean almost nothing to me. As long as I can see my juice level without some peekaboo window, I'm ok.
  • Performance/Overall: It's a nice tank, and a very nice vape. It's great to have the options to change airflow. I started with the 2.5, and reduced to the 2.0, which was perfect. Flavor is great. But I'm a die-hard mtl/tobacco flavor ex 40+ year smoker who needs throat hit. This one isn't quite up there with the Doggy in that department. Overall, it's a great tank, and I highly recommend it - especially for someone who wants options in airflow. And I'm not shelving it just because I slightly prefer the doggy. I'm using it with different flavors (trying to expand from my all-tobacco by adding a little strawberry), sitting on my desk as a lower throat hit, morning coffee, occasional hit tank. Right now, it's my 2nd favorite tank.
I'm on the other side, give the Doggy an 8.5 and give the Dvarw a 9.5 for the following reasons... better flavor, more airflow options, Ultem, SS and TBD glass options (ordered from FT not confirmed if will fit yet) and authentic version available.

But both are fantastic options, agree w many of the pros on the Doggy, and both are in my rotation (along with my Spheroid V4 all time fave :) )

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I'm on the other side, give the Doggy an 8.5 and give the Dvarw a 9.5 for the following reasons... better flavor, more airflow options, Ultem, SS and TBD glass options (ordered from FT not confirmed if will fit yet) and authentic version available.

But both are fantastic options, agree w many of the pros on the Doggy, and both are in my rotation (along with my Spheroid V4 all time fave :) )
Yeah, I just wish you'd quit rubbing that Spheroid V4 in my face! ;)
I'd love to try that one, as I've heard great things about it, including from you - but sadly, they're not to be found anywhere.

At least I have two really good tank options now.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
This! You selfish ....***! :yawn: :lol:
Ain't I though LOL! My Precious!

IMG_20180512_153318.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bask

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Iv been reading along for a few days and intrigued but wonder if the DL version would satisfy me as a restricted DL vapist....

You all keep peaking my interest....
I have been using the V2, Dvarw MTL , with largest airflow 2.5mm ,
I think this version has a slightly different airflow on base maybe a tad bit larger,

Works great as a restricted DTL for me, not really a MTL vaper I would not concidere 2.5mm as mtl,

2.5mm as a restrictive DTL is where i tend to like draw best
Its a bit tighter than Cloudone v3 boosted RTA
more a long lines
of a fev v4 RTA with airflow plug removed,

Flavour is very very good
Found it very easy to build wick, but i do use a pelso V3 rda and jorda B RDA from khw who Design the Dvarw
So same post and hex screws, an Cloudone posts are same ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Ordered a Dvarw last night, but since i don't like the Yellow Tank i found the white PTFE/Teflon Tanks for the Dvarw. How resistant is this material against Tankcracking Liquids, cause thats the reason i didn't buy the white pc-tanks.

or did anyone already find any kind of glastank that fits the dvarw?
I ordered several glass tanks that MIGHT fit the Dvarw. Will report back when tested.

This tank has moved into my #1 position for me. The flavor is at the top level for me and I've had/tried most of the flavor RTAs over the years.

IMG_20180708_084659.jpg

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I ordered several glass tanks that MIGHT fit the Dvarw. Will report back when tested.

This tank has moved into my #1 position for me. The flavor is at the top level for me and I've had/tried most of the flavor RTAs over the years.

View attachment 753075
Will be interested in hearing how that works out. I agree about this tank. It is all I use now. I will be getting my DL version next week.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016

View attachment 753075
Which glass tanks have gou tried I was thinking of picking up bellus v1 glass 5ml same dimensions , just hope internally it is ,

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Hi All,

Just a quick post as I have been using the MTL tank and have been really enjoying it with my "plum fresh" and "dimpleberry" juice.

I have now received the DL version and I have just built it up. My usual build for a DL RTA (have been using Zeus and Zesthia RTA's) is 4 strands of 316L SS twisted, 7 wrap 3 mm inner diameter which comes in at about 0.33 ohms. Wicked with Muji and running at about 38 watts.

I have swapped the air hole for the largest 4.5 mm the fixing of the coil was a little fiddly because the legs are quite big but managed to get them secured under the screws. Filled it with my DIY pear juice 80/20 vg/pg mix and the vape excellent. The airflow is spot on for my style of vaping and the flavour is extremely good.

Been using for about 20 minutes but so far so good, no leaking as you come to expect with these RTA's a steal from 3fvape at the price.

Dvarw V2 Style DL RTA Silver SS PC 6ml 24mm Atomizer w/ AFC Set + Tank

Dvraw DL.jpg

Only thing I am not too keen on is the drip tip, will swap this for something else later when I get home.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Got this today and the Berserker remains my favorite.

Biggest issue: the chamber side piece (with the wicking holes) doesn't fit on the deck right. I had to use a significant amount of force and a screwdriver to get it in and a bit of the oring is bulging out a bit over the edge - so that o-ring will be trash.

2. Noisy

3. Tight drip tip hole

4. Superfluous screw next to the airflow piece.

Otherwise the vape quality is good so it gets the number 2 spot under the berserker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread