Integra RTA clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Integra RTA clone by Coppervape

So here is another nice new MTL RTA, and it should work for DL too.

Had it for few days and made two setups so far. I think it’s rather popular since there are clones from YFTK and SXK. Picked up Coppervape because it had ultem tank, others and also the original have pc tanks.

Build quality is good, but threading the top cap is very hard, it does not want to thread correctly. Also it feels a bit light and not very ”solid”. But works as should.

It has a clever and simple way to building it, and has plenty of room for coiling. I use small and simple round wire builds but you could put claptons here too. Wick is to be cut very short (around 10mm). I like the idea that liquid has shortest possible way to travel to the coil, works well with high vg.

Vapes nice, but not quite as ”intense” and satisfying for me as Patibulum or Spica, but still one of the good ones for sure.

Holds 4ml, and tank size is only 1-2 mm taller than True MTL or Dvarw 3.5ml.

With smallest 1mm hole the draw is super smooth and almost silent. I wish it would have 0.8mm, but I can live with this draw.

So all and all it’s a not a bad one at all, and if you don’t need the absolute tightest draw it should work for you.
It’s not on the Patibulum or Dvarw level, but IMHO on par with True MTL.

Here is Todd’s video on it, check out how the setup is done.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Integra clone has been working flawlessly, perfect tank to carry around on the go. Can’t make it to leak or gurgle at all. Very consistent vape, and for some reason the cotton seems to last very long in it. I even got used to the not so tight draw, narrow drip tip helped.

But I just can’t get the best flavor out of it.
Good flavor yes, but somehow it just feels a little mild. Maybe it handles some juices better than than others, I have used only sweet and fruity stuff.

Reactions: stols001

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hopefully someone chimes in soon, Its a very very expensive and you have to put yourself on lists and jump through hoops to even be able to get one.
VWM arent even what I would say that well made, I have had a few of the NexTiny and honestly you would never know how high priced it is.

I like the looks and the idea of very little cotton, Ive heard many of the same things youve stated. Im tempted to get the coppervape just to see if this one will be worth having. If it is good, then I will have to wait for a few years till I can afford a genuine :)

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
I found out a pretty nasty weakness on my clone, the PEI tank cracks with certain liquids. I tought only PC tanks crack, and I have many other RTA's with PEI tanks and never had any issues.

I put Inawera peppermint on it, very light mix, and next morning it had 4 cracks, but no leaks yet.
On fasttech forums there was another guy who had cracked his PEI tank too with some other liquid.

It's a shame because I was really, really liking this RTA.

Now I ordered spare PEI and a PC tanks to test out what they can handle and what not. There will be no glass tanks for this because the design.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
I got spare tanks and another clone, now from YFTK. Seems as well build as CV one but the JFC is not turning without a tool. I bottom fill so it doesn't matter.

But damn that I missed using Integra :D
I don't understand what makes the wick last so long in this this atty? For me and my juices it lasts 2-3 times longer than Dvarw or Patibulum before I need to dryburn or re-wick.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
I have been puzzled why Integra keeps the coil clean and nice for a very long time. Here's a pic of a build that I have vaped 10 ml of juice so far. Other RTA's I have usually look very black and messy after 4ml, using same juices and wattages.

IntegraCoil.jpg

FrankRice

Nov 30, 2015
@Lalli, really enjoying this tank! Thanks for the recommendation.

Like you, I am also shocked by the tiny amount of cotton needed, and yet no dry hits or flooding.

Regarding the flavour, I also found it a bit underwhelming compared to my other atties. I think I may have found a solution though. I raised the coil above the area where you're supposed to put your coil rod, maybe a few millimetres. Much better flavour, and more throat hit. Did you also you get the same results?

ubelai

Jun 18, 2018
Bit late to this thread but after having it for a few months, I could call it the best RTA I have ever used to date over the last few years.

One major downside I have experienced though - the threads on the tank piece itself, both the top cap and where it screws onto the base, has been stripped beyond repair. A mistake I made was not ordering a few spare ultem tanks once I received the Integra as I knew from first glance that the plastic threading on the tank piece would eventually strip or wear out, and now I've left it too late that it has, seemingly leaking juice from the top and bottom or into the chamber, if I do not have it upright.

ubelai

Jun 18, 2018
Yes it's true, when threading plastic to metal the plastic one will fail eventually.
Use bottom fill so you won't need to put stress on the threading, I open them only for cleaning.
Fasttech still has spare tanks so perhaps get some for the future :) I have 2 Rta's + 3 spare tanks now.

It's a pity they're designed in such a way. But yes as you said, the bottom fill is definitely the way to go!

Just placed an order for numerous spares as I do intend on using this RTA for the foreseeable future, as it's been the only daily since I acquired it in May this year. The state it's in for now though I will have to put it aside and use my ol' trusty Hussar + steam tuners style top piece for the next couple of weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread