Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Just ordered mine today from 3F. I absolutely don't need another rta but this got my interest. The Hurricane V1.2 is one of my top favorite rta's in my daily rotation and this looks like the same thing with removable airflow inserts. Interesting concept.
I think you will really dig it if you love the Hurri.

Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Mine turned up today from FastTech, got 1 cleaned up and built.

I did order extra air inserts, but just used the stock one for this 1st go, but did switch out the juice round hole chimney for the oval one, as do Vape higher VG juices.

The tank came clean and build quality seems very good, quick wash with dawn and was ready to go.

This thing is so easy to build, used my normal 1.5 ohm Clapton coil and had no problems trapping the wires, and wicking is also very easy, cut flush with top of chimney and stuff down, this tank really would be great for beginners, as so simple to build and wick.

Been chain vaping on it for about 20 minutes, and no problems with dry hits or leaking so far.

It is a really smooth quiet Vape, flavor is very good, not quite up there with my prime, but the prime cost me 10 times more.

Only had it going for a little while, but so far, big thumbs up from me :D

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    So do have a negative show up, when opened tank to refill, the top of the chimney stuck to the tank, so had to get a pair of tweezers and pull out the top of the chimney and reset it back, tested by putting back together and taking apart and same thing happened.

So seems on this one, the top of the chimney section does not seal tight enough to keep the top chimney in place when taking apart to refill, will change out oring to hopefully solve that, as be a pain to have to keep digging that every refill.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    So do have a negative show up, when opened tank to refill, the top of the chimney stuck to the tank, so had to get a pair of tweezers and pull out the top of the chimney and reset it back, tested by putting back together and taking apart and same thing happened.

So seems on this one, the top of the chimney section does not seal tight enough to keep the top chimney in place when taking apart to refill, will change out oring to hopefully solve that, as be a pain to have to keep digging that every refill.
    I had the same problem on a new Hurricane (same basic system). It healed itself after a little use. It is just the o-ring sticking when it's new.

rifky

ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2014
    Indonesia

I have some problem with other RTA but change o ring is solved the problem. Maybe you can try to change the most top section into a looser ring so it wont tight grip the tank.

Reactions: Nailz

ian91

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    I got 2 of these today. Set up both with the 2.5mm airflow. Tried the 2.0 first but it was too tight a draw for me. Both were very clean and only required a cursory cleaning before use. Set both with 2.5mm coils, 6 wraps using 26ga KA came out to .75ohm. Running them at 18.5watts. Wicking is pretty well like the Hurricane. Very easy set up overall.

I had the same issue with the top of the chimney sticking. First time I pried it out but the second time I left it in so that I could get more juice in the tank. Seemed to seat itself correctly when I screwed the coil back on.

Overall, I am very happy with this tank. It is very much old-school but that works for me. I keep trying newer tanks but end up going back to my Hurricanes and Nebula Wines. This should fit right in with those.

I hope that they come out with the 24mm version of this tank as well.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    second time I left it in so that I could get more juice in the tank. Seemed to seat itself correctly when I screwed the coil back on.

I did the same thing this morning when refilled, couldn’t be bothered to grab my grips, so risked just filling without digging the chimney top piece out, and just as you, seated itself back fine, vaped another half of tank and not leaked at all, so will not worry about it from now on :)

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Doesn't look like this will be a very popular tank. Too bad, it has a lot going for it. I have already ordered a couple of more. I like the simplicity of it. Also have not seen a drop of liquid from it. Can't say that for a lot of the newer tanks.

I agree, seems a great tank, love how simple to build and wick it.

Already considering getting more too, but going to test out the 2 I have for a week before rushing to get more, just to make sure no problems occur.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread