Dvarw MTL RTA & MTL FL (clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Just tried one of these dvarw clones and am not exactly impressed. Problem is I compare everything with my Berserker mini. Must say the build quality is impressive though. I'm not sold on the airflow design. The ability to swap inserts is good but lack of air flow ring is a thing for me. I get the flavour I'm looking for if I cover most of that massive non adjustable hole with my finger.

• Informative
Reactions: Heartsdelight

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Just tried one of these dvarw clones and am not exactly impressed. Problem is I compare everything with my Berserker mini. Must say the build quality is impressive though. I'm not sold on the airflow design. The ability to swap inserts is good but lack of air flow ring is a thing for me. I get the flavour I'm looking for if I cover most of that massive non adjustable hole with my finger.
Did you try different airflow reducers , previous dvarws had smaller side Airflow , you could always try a vape band

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Do you use the beserker on the tightest af? If you do, I believe that's 1mm compared to 1.2 on the darvw. Along with this, its possible that the darvws drip tip could be a wider bore , so with these 2 factors your just not getting what your use to....I believe there is a .08 insert for the darvw, maybe even a 1mm.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I'm got the whole set of five I think, and I'm using the smallest one. I'm using my usual 4mm narrow drip tips. I crank my Berserker mini as tight as it goes and sometimes partially cover the smallest hole. That and ability to play with how tight the cotton is in the juice wells gives it great flavour.

There's something about the Dvarw I like though. It's a neat device and well made so I'll persevere with it for a bit. I'm gonna play with the wicking for better flavour using my own diy juices. It's got to match the Berserker or it's in the bin.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I'm got the whole set of five I think, and I'm using the smallest one. I'm using my usual 4mm narrow drip tips. I crank my Berserker mini as tight as it goes and sometimes partially cover the smallest hole. That and ability to play with how tight the cotton is in the juice wells gives it great flavour.

There's something about the Dvarw I like though. It's a neat device and well made so I'll persevere with it for a bit. I'm gonna play with the wicking for better flavour using my own diy juices. It's got to match the Berserker or it's in the bin.
Its in the wicking of the Dvarw-22, difference between nice flavour and sublime not tasted that sweet note before flavour in the Dvarw,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Its in the wicking of the Dvarw-22, difference between nice flavour and sublime not tasted that sweet note before flavour in the Dvarw,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
What are you using? Wire size, coil diameter, wraps ect.

I'm using 26g kanthal, 7 wraps, 2mm id with rayon. Still experimenting with the coil height at the air hole...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I received my Coppervape Dvarw MTL v1 clone two weeks ago and it is a fine vape. I'm getting great flavor and a nice tight MTL vape with the 0.8mm airflow insert installed. Also tried it with the default 1.0mm airflow insert (I measured) and that was nice vape as well. I have tried several different wire types all with good results. Works great with TC too. I've had zero issues with mine whatsoever.

Currently I have a 2.5ID 26g kanthal coil coming in at 0.7Ω and vaping at 22w. My coil is sitting 1.5mm above the air hole. I've tried higher and slightly lower and for me 1.5mm is perfect (same as my Kayfun Primes). It is super easy to setup and build on. Wicking is super easy and it doesn't matter if using cotton or rayon. It handles 70vg/30pg, 60/40 or 50/50 and it handles them with a breeze.

The Dvarw is a fine RTA and a flavor banger. ;)
IMG_0787cr.jpg

My :2c:... cheers!!! :D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I need the 0.8 air hole. Who sells them individually? I only need that size..
Ricks, unfortunately I haven't found anyone who sells them individually. I bought these from FT for $2.20 (0.8mm + 1.0mm). It's either that or FT sells a five pack with five different sized air flow inserts.

Here: $2.20 Coppervape 0.8mm + 1mm AFC Insert for Dvarw MTL RTA Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

To the best of my knowledge nothing smaller is made for the Dvarw.

Good luck and cheers! ;)

Edit to add: This is the five pack with 0.8/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5mm.
Here: $4.85 AFC Kit for Dvarw MTL RTA Atomizer - 0.8/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Sorry to barge in, but I'm intrigued by all the replaceable parts (appeals to my love of building and tinkering, plus a sense of security knowing you have so many extra parts). Can someone explain to me if these are for different models or simply different airflow options for 1 model?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...-afc-insert-for-dvarw-mtl-rta-atomizer-5-pack
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...-afc-insert-for-dvarw-mtl-rta-atomizer-5-pack

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Sorry to barge in, but I'm intrigued by all the replaceable parts (appeals to my love of building and tinkering, plus a sense of security knowing you have so many extra parts). Can someone explain to me if these are for different models or simply different airflow options for 1 model?
Those are all meant for the Dvarw MTL 22mm v1 and v2 versions as far as I know.

If you are going to get the MTL version then get the 5 pack I linked for Ricks above. Knowing you like an airier draw it has a 2.5mm airflow insert that would probably suit you well. Although you may like the tighter ones too.
This is the one I linked for Ricks.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10051828/9652329-afc-kit-for-dvarw-mtl-rta-atomizer

The v1 has smaller juice holes than the v2. Supposedly the v2 handles higher VG juice better. I have had no problems with 70vg/30pg with v1.

Here is the Dvarw v1 I bought:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3042/10051660/9651078

• Winner
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Those are all meant for the Dvarw MTL 22mm v1 and v2 versions as far as I know.

If you are going to get the MTL version then get the 5 pack I linked for Ricks above. Knowing you like an airier draw it has a 2.5mm airflow insert that would probably suit you well. Although you may like the tighter ones too.
This is the one I linked for Ricks.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10051828/9652329-afc-kit-for-dvarw-mtl-rta-atomizer

The v1 has smaller juice holes than the v2. Supposedly the v2 handles higher VG juice better. I have had no problems with 70vg/30pg with v1.

Here is the Dvarw v1 I bought:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3042/10051660/9651078
Did yours come with the logo imprinted on the atty?

• Love
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I received my Coppervape Dvarw MTL v1 clone two weeks ago and it is a fine vape. I'm getting great flavor and a nice tight MTL vape with the 0.8mm airflow insert installed. Also tried it with the default 1.0mm airflow insert (I measured) and that was nice vape as well. I have tried several different wire types all with good results. Works great with TC too. I've had zero issues with mine whatsoever.

Currently I have a 2.5ID 26g kanthal coil coming in at 0.7Ω and vaping at 22w. My coil is sitting 1.5mm above the air hole. I've tried higher and slightly lower and for me 1.5mm is perfect (same as my Kayfun Primes). It is super easy to setup and build on. Wicking is super easy and it doesn't matter if using cotton or rayon. It handles 70vg/30pg, 60/40 or 50/50 and it handles them with a breeze.

The Dvarw is a fine RTA and a flavor banger. ;)
View attachment 825983
My :2c:... cheers!!! :D
I use that exact set up, same wire, resistance, and wattage and it rocks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So how many set up the darvw by fishing the wick tails thru the ring, then snapping ring in place? I tried both ways and I hate that way. Sometimes the wick tails get caught under the ring, and it's just a pain to do it that way. I wick , trim, and saturate a little then place the tails sort of how there going to wind up, but then push them inwards towards coil which leaves more than enough room for the ring to pass by, I then reposition them up against the holes after the ring is installed....

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
So how many set up the darvw by fishing the wick tails thru the ring, then snapping ring in place? I tried both ways and I hate that way. Sometimes the wick tails get caught under the ring, and it's just a pain to do it that way. I wick , trim, and saturate a little then place the tails sort of how there going to wind up, but then push them inwards towards coil which leaves more than enough room for the ring to pass by, I then reposition them up against the holes after the ring is installed....

I’ve done it both ways. But it is a bit easier with your preferred method. ;)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Did yours come with the logo imprinted on the atty?
Yes, the one I have has the logo and is the Coppervape Dvarw v1. It's the same one as I linked for Chels above. Pretty sure it's the same as Vapdivrr as I recall him saying he has the v1 somewhere in this thread.
IMG_0789crSM.jpg

As I spend more time with the Dvarw I have to say I am very impressed with the flavor it delivers. It doesn't matter if it is a complex custard, vanillas, butterscotch, caramels, bakery or fruit (all juices I know very well). The Dvarw delivers the flavor in spades with all I have tried IMO. I am able to get all the flavor notes in the Dvarw that I get with most of my other tanks.

So far I have compared it to the following RTA's: Kayfun Prime, KFL+, Russian and Hussar Project X and the Dvarw easily hangs with any of those for flavor and quality of vape. It does fall short with flavor when compared to the Atmizoo Tripod IMO.

I will be grabbing a second one for stash.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest

I tried fishing the wick through the ring and that just doesn't work for me. I suppose I could get it to work if I used a longer wick but that way feels clumsy and foreign to me. Kind of like the old KFL with pulling the wick through the chimney part (never worked for me either). I do exactly as you describe in the latter part of your post and place the ring and adjust my wick. Works great every time.

You are right on... it totally ROCKS like Led Zep. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread