Status
Not open for further replies.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
From the moment that I saw the original of this, I have wanted one. Just looked like a tank for me. I am too cheap to pay a lot for any vape gear so have been waiting patiently. I have 6 Hurricane V1.2's and 6 Nebula Wines so have to have more of these!! I have been getting rid of all of my more current tanks (Ares, Siren V2, Hastur and Siren). Assuming that I continue to like this one, I will stick with the 3 tanks for a while.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Same here. I keep buying the latest greatest rta's only to find that I like my older tanks better. I'm still using an Origen 19/22 in rotation every day. It is my late night tank. The Hurricane v1.2 has never left my rotation. I could go on but you get the idea. I could list all the newer rta's I own there are many, but they just don't do it for me and quietly get retired.The only newer rta's I have gone crazy over is the Doggy Style, Kayfun Prime and the Skyline of which I now own many.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Doesn't look like this will be a very popular tank. Too bad, it has a lot going for it. I have already ordered a couple of more. I like the simplicity of it. Also have not seen a drop of liquid from it. Can't say that for a lot of the newer tanks.
The authentic is fairly popular in the higher end market. I learned about it in the high end RTA thread here at ECF.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
The only new RTAs that have made my cut are the Berserker mini 22mm and the SXK Doggy after a long, long tight draw MTL drought.

The classics still reign.. Spheroid V4, KFL, Gem V1, Erlkonigin. A few other odds and ends oldies but this constitutes my main stays. I'm glad to see tight MTL having a resurgence and some good options coming out.

I have this dvarw coming as well as the Cthulhu Hastur mini to see if they make the cut. While the MTL surge is going on want to try what comes out to see if want to stock up a few.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Dvarw.JPG
Not much activity in here!!!

I have been using both of mine for the last week. I am very impressed with these rtas. They are very well made (threading is superb), have excellent flavor and are easy to maintain. I have not had one drop of leakage from either tank during the whole week. I personally think that every mtler should give this tank a try.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
View attachment 740709 Not much activity in here!!!

I have been using both of mine for the last week. I am very impressed with these rtas. They are very well made (threading is superb), have excellent flavor and are easy to maintain. I have not had one drop of leakage from either tank during the whole week. I personally think that every mtler should give this tank a try.
What insert are you using?

Reactions: Nailz

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
What insert are you using?
I am using the 2.5mm. Tried the 2.0 but it was a little too tight for me. We are on opposite sides of the MTL spectrum. I read a post on FT where the guy was talking about restricted DL with the 2.5 but I only use it for MTL. I set up everything I have with a 2.4-2.5mm center airflow.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Mine got here early :)

Already loaded some more in my FT cart because the 1mm insert, as expected, is spot on for my draw. Its what was missing when I had the 1.2 and .8.

Super, super easy to build, top notch flavor, Ultem tank, simple design for MTL heaven. What's not to love.

Will more than likely snag up an authentic also (again LOL).

IMG_20180508_191326.jpg

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Don't know if anyone has noticed this yet but you can take the base apart. Take out the screw for the airflow insert, the one across from it and the bottom screw. Separate the two halves in the airflow hole on the side. Very little pressure required to get it apart. No real reason to take it apart but we are all curious about these things!!!

• Informative
Reactions: ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Don't know if anyone has noticed this yet but you can take the base apart. Take out the screw for the airflow insert, the one across from it and the bottom screw. Separate the two halves in the airflow hole on the side. Very little pressure required to get it apart. No real reason to take it apart but we are all curious about these things!!!
To get to the insulators that is what you have to do. They are available for authentic but hope CV comes out with some also.

For thorough cleaning in ultra sound I do the above disassembly.

• Agree
Reactions: ian91

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Mine got here early :)

Already loaded some more in my FT cart because the 1mm insert, as expected, is spot on for my draw. Its what was missing when I had the 1.2 and .8.

Super, super easy to build, top notch flavor, Ultem tank, simple design for MTL heaven. What's not to love.

Will more than likely snag up an authentic also (again LOL).

View attachment 740791
If you have a moment, can you post links to the tank you ordered + all the accessories? Thanks! I think I'm gonna give this one a try.

They need to clone the Dvarw that takes Ego One CLR coils.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have that Beginning Java book by Ivor Horton also LOL.
It has been sitting on my desk getting dusty for the last 4 years since I retired and moved back to Canada. I worked in IT since 1972 and thought I would keep up with things when I retired. No interest in anything IT related other than to help my neighbors when they need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread