DynaVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Thought I'd start a DynaVape thread since my M arrived this afternoon.

The M is a small cylinder looks like about 3.5 inches long with a diameter of 3/8 inch.

The M itself appears well made and solid though I think the magnetic cap that slides on the end is a bit thin with the little digger stem a bit flimsy so we'll see how that stands up over time.

Took a couple practice draws to find the air hole and put about .05 gram for 3 small bowls. First I'm impressed by how cool the vapor is for such a short air pathway, it's one of the things that concerned me as my only experience with torch toking has been shatter on a nail heated with torch which I haven't enjoyed because of the heat and coughing, of course I'm not going full loads yet so we'll see what happens then.
First couple bowls didn't get much beyond a nice terp taste though third bowl got a nice 2nd hit. For these tester bowls used some Desil , grown organic outdoor and didn't quite finish but had to take down because of PMS (Powdery Mildew Syndrone) and bud rot starting so probably only 14% thc I've been making canna coconut oil, cannabutter and gummies mainly with it, next bowls time to break out the organic Nuken which finihed early October and probably about 20%thc, not up to my usual standards but it'll have to do for now.

So far I like the DynaVape M, easy to use,seems well made, the AVB (after vaped bud) is nice and even brown with no sign of combustion.

Back later with an update after some supper when I'll pack a few full bowls .10 of the Nuken and let 'er rip before the hockey game starts.:vapor:

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Too distracted by an entertaining hockey game to break in a new vape, Carolina Hurricanes outshooting the Vancouver Canucks 30 to 12 going into the 3 rd period tied 0 to 0 in a few minutes.

Did get a couple quick bowls in. It's amazing how much better the cannabis experience is with vaping, more effect from less material, .16 between 2 bowls and I'm set for the evening.

@Sloth Tonight I already see why you suggest getting a single flame torch also as I really enjoy the first really terpine hits and with the triple flame that came with my kit it does spread out over a large area when a person is trying to be percise. Santa said he'd get me a single flame for Christmas.

It'll be tomorrow afternoon before I'll get a chance to sit down with a clear head and try to refine my technique a bit. So far the only charring was when the game started and I missed a click otherwise the avg looks nice uniform brown.

Will be making avb-coconut oil followed by gummies with it in the next few days, will be interesting to see what's left in the bud after it's been vaped.

Game On....later

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm glad you're enjoying it! And to think that this is the perfect vape for the apocalypse. Can heat it with a hot stick from a fire if needed :thumbs:

I've had mine a little over a month now and I'm still honing my technique. I accidentally combusted once last week. That was my first taste of smoke in 3 weeks and reminded me how awful the taste and feel of smoke is compared to vapor, yuck. That said, I've picked up quite a few useful tips over my time with it, so if you ever want me to share those I'd be happy to do so :)

Enjoy your Dynavap my friend! So glad you're enjoying the pleasures of vaping :vapor:

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
@Sloth Tonight
@stratus.vaping

Beginners luck yesterday. It's a smallchamber, most bowls between .04 and .07 when I check them on my scale, tried packing it a few different ways, stab the stem into bud chamber on the DynaVap stand and rotate while pushing, sucking it in like a straw, and kinda scooping while pushing bud on rolling tray. None gave me a decent toke, took the same ground bud and in the Splinter got good toke right away, of course I'm more familiar with it but just to compare.
Makes me think it's the torch and/or my torch technique, probably a bit of both. The triple flame does heat a wide area, I was directing flame more to the end with two flames farthest from me leaving a single flame closest to me, flame set to 1 centimetre with the M getting heat from the secondary faint flame. Rotate fairly quickly and keep M from getting too close, even still it heats up real quick maybe too quick.
Suggestions Guys ? Next week will pick up a single flame so unless you have some suggestions the M may go on the back burner for a few days. No big deal .:drool:

Starquake

Jul 28, 2011
UK
Check out the Dynavap channel on YouTube - their snap series is full of top tips n tricks

With a triple I usually aim one flame at the D and Y and the other 2 flames at the N and A of the Dynavap logo on the cap.
The lower down the cap that you heat the hotter the cap will get before conducts to the snap discs inside and it clicks.
The most common mistake is to heat too aggressively with the flame too close. You want to avoid the pointy part of the flame and position the cap in the halo of the flame for a more even heat.

My top tip for new vaponaughts in the dynaverse is to find yourself a tin and a magnet to use as a stand, cap puller and stash tin.
There are lots of after market stands and cap pullers like the Dynastash or the Interplanetry Developments Launchpad that you can buy but a magnet stuck to the underside of a tin will do the same job just as well in my opinion.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'll type my tips when I'm more fully awake and have a break at work, but I'll drop this diagram here real quick which may be useful:

txeqxr7qza241.jpg

Pay attention to the flame itself - it illustrates the use of the halo as Starquake mentioned above. Also the following video is great and like Star said, their channel is a gold mine of good tips and info.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
So I haven't used my triple flame very much at all, and as such may not have any good tips for you myself. I switched to a single within a couple of days and haven't used the triple since (I plan to take the triple on hiking/biking trips though). One thing I've read that you could try is to heat it up to the click but don't hit it. Let it cool back down then heat it again. That may be helpful, since it sounds like you're getting the click too quickly for the heat to properly penetrate your flowers and that would allow it more time to absorb the heat.

Otherwise try experimenting with flame distance. Just watch it carefully. If any part of the dynavap glows orange, then it's time to back off a bit. If it's not glowing orange you could try moving in closer perhaps. I've noticed that the distance is relative to the intensity of the flame, and I try to keep my flame on the lowest setting which doesn't sputter. When my torch runs low on fuel, I have to turn the flame up to keep from sputtering and I've learned that when I do that, I need extra distance between the inner flame and the cap. I'm usually not even within the halo when the heat's turned up like that. Otherwise I stay right inside of the halo and heat just below the "N" on the cap, sometimes running the flame up/down along the cap's length as I rotate as well.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
So I haven't used my triple flame very much at all, and as such may not have any good tips for you myself. I switched to a single within a couple of days and haven't used the triple since (I plan to take the triple on hiking/biking trips though). One thing I've read that you could try is to heat it up to the click but don't hit it. Let it cool back down then heat it
again. That may be helpful, since it sounds like you're getting the click too quickly for the heat to properly penetrate your flowers and that would allow it more time to absorb the heat.

Otherwise try experimenting with flame distance. Just watch it carefully. If any part of the dynavap glows orange, then it's time to back off a bit. If it's not glowing orange you could try moving in closer perhaps. I've noticed that the distance is relative to the intensity of the flame, and I try to keep my flame on the lowest setting which doesn't sputter. When my torch runs low on fuel, I have to turn the flame up to keep from sputtering and I've learned that when I do that, I need extra distance between the inner flame and the cap. I'm usually not even within the halo when the heat's turned up like that. Otherwise I stay right inside of the halo and heat just below the "N" on the cap, sometimes running the flame up/down along the cap's length as I rotate as well.

Went and got a single flame, watched suggested video, I need a better data plan, like the burner idea since I have Dupuyten's contracture mainly in left hand and its getting really hard to roll joints which is one of the reasons I'm switching to vaping and it's getting difficult to snap a lighter with left hand so I see a burner in the near future, anyways I digress, got a much better toke with the single flame, I have some chores to do outside before it gets dark so will sit down again before the hockey game and have a session.
Ty

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Check out the Dynavap channel on YouTube - their snap series is full of top tips n tricks

With a triple I usually aim one flame at the D and Y and the other 2 flames at the N and A of the Dynavap logo on the cap.
The lower down the cap that you heat the hotter the cap will get before conducts to the snap discs inside and it clicks.
The most common mistake is to heat too aggressively with the flame too close. You want to avoid the pointy part of the flame and position the cap in the halo of the flame for a more even heat.

My top tip for new vaponaughts in the dynaverse is to find yourself a tin and a magnet to use as a stand, cap puller and stash tin.
There are lots of after market stands and cap pullers like the Dynastash or the Interplanetry Developments Launchpad that you can buy but a magnet stuck to the underside of a tin will do the same job just as well in my opinion.

Thanks for tips, I did order the kit so have the Dynavap stand, it's great and will come in very handy. Grabbed a single torch, this morning, much better. Yes I agree with you that main problem was too much heat too quick.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Starting to get some nice tokes now, not every one but making progress. There must be a bit of moisture still in this bud as I need to posittion flame under the V of the N.Going to leave a bud out for an hour or so to see if vapes better after that.
The single flame much better control, one of the videos mentioned using mult-flames outdoors and that sounds reasonable considering wind dispersing heat.:evil:

• Love

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Just made this.
www.instructables.com

Used a small mason jar, cut down a lantern wick to 1/4 inch, filled it up with rubbing alcohol and it didn't work.

Then while troubleshooting noticed the rubbing alcohol was only 50% and need at least 70% to work, two hardware stores and a drug store later I found the good stuff, 95% ethanol and it works.

Have the wick short, about 1/4 inch, produced a small blue flame with just the tip showing yellow.

It's GREAT, takes the M to another level, with the Dyptrens Contracture getting worse in my left-hand rolling joints was getting difficult hence vaping and holding the torch while firing was already getting difficult so this is wonderfuĺ for me, it's the nicest tokes so far, it's so mellow heating the M now, I can just relax, can't get over what a difference the burner makes, with a stationary flame the heating is so much more even, the first toke is more terpy, colour of avb is more even in colour.

if I need to vape 3 or 4 loads to get muscle spasms under control, at times now the left hand painfully spasms into a fist so I could only use the Splinter during those episodes, like this afternoon after carrying and putting away groceries with the burner the process is quicker and just so much better.

Is it safe ? probably not as safe as a factory made burner but hey common sense is necessary as it is a fire but its a cheap way of finding out if a burner is for you. I'll eventually buy a factory alcohol burner but for now this has changed the whole experience of vaping with the M from a good experience to a wonderful mellow trip.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
I'm so happy that ecf changed its policy. It came at the perfect time for me as I was considering vaping cannabis but had no idea what was out there that worked. Now I'm set up quite well thanks to some good advice from others on this site.

My biggest surprise was the lack of heat with the DynaVap. With only experience with torch being shatter torched on a nail, too hot and too much coughing for me, it's why I didn't really gravitate to the DynaVap when first suggested.
I prefer the Splinter when watching movies or hockey games as the DynaVap I have to look at to heat missing parts of the movie or hockey games while can load the Splinter during commercial and vape away without missing anything.

I'm waiting for some better torches to come on sale here as it's the firing button on the single flame which is hard for me to hold down whereas the triple flame has a big firing button which doesn't aggravate my hand while using. There are some better quaility single flames with big firing buttons where I bought mine and the sales clerk mentioned that they do come on sale so I'm watching waiting for then to grab one.

Probably a year or a bit longer before my left hand is curled to a fist from Dupyaten Contracture and surgery will be necessary, according to G.P. doctor last week so just got referral to surgeon to start that process as more everyday tasks like peeling potatoes are becoming difficult

Used the triple torch outside a week ago and it worked well, got one last barbecue in before a nasty winter storm hit. It's the only time I've gotten decent hits from the triple flame which makes me wonder why the retailers reccomend starting with triple torch.

So I still luv my diy alcohol burner and it will probably be my go to when vaping at home but looking forward to a easier to use single flame for other situations.

• Love

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
These are good though small, you turn on the gas and then flick the replaceable flint. Nice slender flame lends itself to precise heating and no need to keep holding down any buttons.
Screenshot-2020-01-20-3-25-Aomai-AM228-Windproof-Flint-Wheel-Ty.png
And at $3.25 with shipping I'll be ordering one of these in the morning as I don't like ordering stuff late at night. Ty for the great cheap suggestion. Will let you know how I like it, again thanks.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
@Fog n Vape how are you enjoying your Dynavap now that you've had more time with it? I'm in love. It's become second-nature to me now. I just love how efficient and tasty it is. The ritual is relaxing to me in and of itself. I haven't smoked since November 8th, and it's a great feeling. My relationship with cannabis feels different as a result. I've only gone this long without smoking during periods of abstinence, never while actively using the plant before. I love it, so much so that I actually haven't even used my Splinter for a couple of months even though I love that one too.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Been off line for a bit,, I hope all are doing well considering our situation.

@Sloth Tonight I use the DynaVape daily and very satisfied with it. Unfortunately my Tesla mod keeps kicking out of resistance lock making temputure control unusable, so my Splinter is on the shelf mainly though every few days I do a couple bowls using wattage mode, until I get a new mod with decent temputure control the Splinter use will be sporadic.

While waiting for my harvest to cure over the last few weeks had to roll joints until the last humidity out of the buds, now it vapes nice. I've had several flares of pain which made me realize joints still have a place in my pain management since if I roll a fatty can get .5 /.7 gram ingested in a few minutes whereas 7 heating sessions with Dynavap takes awhile, the Splinter is much faster to reload and deliver medical dose quicker and my best tasting tokes have been with the Splinter, new mod soon. It's about time that I posted a update review on both devices, probably over the next few days.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread