• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

E-Cig Availability in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
Hi All

I was wondering why ecigs havnt really took off in the UK yet ? Such a big invention surley should have people kicking down doors for these things ? I really thought these would be selling in shops by now considering £££ potential !

I am at the moment the person i know using one of these, ive shown people but most have just took the pi** !!!

Any ideas anyone ??

- John

We have been selling ecigs now in the Eastgate Shopping Centre in Inverness now for 10 month.

One of the reasons there are not many people selling them in shops is because of the regulations sorunding the sale of nicotine.
Trading standards nearly closed us down and stopped us from selling ecigs 2 days before Xmas last year.

There is a lot more involved than just buying them from China and selling them in a shop.

To get a better understanding of this have a look for the old post on this forum about trading standards and my user name.

Hope that helps you mate.

Logan4_uk

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Birmingham,UK
Mmmm, starting to make sense. It is frustrating having to do all my shopping online. Would be nice to pop down the shops for a bottle of juice and/or some carts ! I suppose the whole reason i started this thread is that ive been waiting over a week for my supplies now from a supplier i wont name at this present time, im giving them a second chance. Oh, and just to make things worse because of this im back on real fags,,,,gutted !

- John

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Mmmm, starting to make sense. It is frustrating having to do all my shopping online. Would be nice to pop down the shops for a bottle of juice and/or some carts ! I suppose the whole reason i started this thread is that ive been waiting over a week for my supplies now from a supplier i wont name at this present time, im giving them a second chance. Oh, and just to make things worse because of this im back on real fags,,,,gutted !

- John

Yes if it wasn't for the governments rules and regulations E-cigs and juice would be being sold in shops and being advertised on TV...and many, many thousands of tobacco addicts might be finding themselves feeling the health improvements we are all feeling.

Logan4_uk

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Birmingham,UK
Yes if it wasn't for the governments rules and regulations E-cigs and juice would be being sold in shops and being advertised on TV...and many, many thousands of tobacco addicts might be finding themselves feeling the health improvements we are all feeling.

Thats exactly what i mean,,,you would have thought such a big development in fighting cigarette use would have been embraced in a massive way ??? Bizarre :confused:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Thats exactly what i mean,,,you would have thought such a big development in fighting cigarette use would have been embraced in a massive way ??? Bizarre :confused:

Unfortunately the government has never 'seriously' cared about our health....they make a fortune out of taxing smokers while we are alive and it saves them a fortune in pensions when we die. All their so called 'concerns' about our health are only a smokescreen to give them a perfect excuse to keep on raising the taxes. As you say, you would have expected all governments to be wholeheartedly embracing e-cigs if they were 'really' concerned about our health.

Logan4_uk

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Birmingham,UK
Unfortunately the government has never 'seriously' cared about our health....they make a fortune out of taxing smokers while we are alive and it saves them a fortune in pensions when we die. All their so called 'concerns' about our health are only a smokescreen to give them a perfect excuse to keep on raising the taxes. As you say, you would have expected all governments to be wholeheartedly embracing e-cigs if they were 'really' concerned about our health.

Ok, if this is the case, why are they promoting such a big 'quit smoking' drive with all the support of the NHS including prescriptions, free clinics etc. Not to mention the smoking ban, if they were not concerned, why ban smoking in public places? I cant get my head around it, maybe i just cant see the bigger, BIGGER picture :confused:

- John

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
I suppose the whole reason i started this thread is that ive been waiting over a week for my supplies now from a supplier i wont name at this present time, im giving them a second chance. Oh, and just to make things worse because of this im back on real fags,,,,gutted !
John, couldn't you order from one of the UK suppliers whilst waiting? At least you'd know that with most of them (or at least those such as E-Cigs.co.uk) that you'd get them the next day. Then, when your other stuff eventually arrives, they could be useful as spares or backup?

Logan4_uk

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Birmingham,UK
John, couldn't you order from one of the UK suppliers whilst waiting? At least you'd know that with most of them (or at least those such as E-Cigs.co.uk) that you'd get them the next day. Then, when your other stuff eventually arrives, they could be useful as spares or backup?

Starlight, believe it or not i did order from a UK supplier. I wont name and shame anybody yet because it might just be a glitch with Royal Mail. Over a week is really crap delivery though dont you think, in this day and age,,shipping wasnt cheap either ! Gutted im back on the analogs as i was doing really well but i suppose we all have to make this journy with suppiers .

- John

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Ok, if this is the case, why are they promoting such a big 'quit smoking' drive with all the support of the NHS including prescriptions, free clinics etc. Not to mention the smoking ban, if they were not concerned, why ban smoking in public places? I cant get my head around it, maybe i just cant see the bigger, BIGGER picture :confused:

- John

Well I look at it like this.....they sort of genuinely do care about our health, they aren't simply evil.. but at the same time they 'know' that there isn't any chance of everyone giving up smoking ..so they also 'know' they don't have to worry about loosing the enormous income they get from the taxes. But now e-cigs have come along and properly marketed and easily available these things really do have the potential for nearly everyone to be able to quit smoking and this is where their need for the money will far outweigh their concern for our health. You only have to look at how many doctors can see the potential health benefits so if it wasn't anything to do with money why else would the governments not be thinking exactly the same thing and doing their best to get these things properly approved and on the market quickly.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
I had a problem (as did a few others) at one time with a particular UK supplier and huge delays in both deliveries and reply emails. Needless to say, I don't buy from them anymore after I tried again some time later and they failed to tell me there was a delay in delivery until I asked about it, so I cancelled the order. The supplier hadn't yet posted the items as they weren't in stock but they seemed to fail to tell me that. There is now another supplier who supplies the same stuff and who is super fast. It may or may not be the same supplier as you're talking of.

Over a week is crap, yes! Most of the suppliers deliver super fast as they know that if we don't have our supplies, we risk going back to analogues or increasing our use of analogues - the latter being for those who still smoke a small amount, like me, wish I didn't but somehow I can't yet get off those last few ones!

Have you contacted the supplier about it? If it's a Royal Mail problem and if there's a risk the parcel got lost, maybe the supplier might be kind enough to send you another parcel and then wait for you to get your first one and return it to them? I mention that as the Post Office insist on waiting 15 working days before a parcel can be formally reported as "lost" - in case that's what's happened. And the time it takes to sort out the palaver over lost parcels is way too long for us to wait. That would be a bit like having to wait for some prescription medicine that we need daily.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
You only have to look at how many doctors can see the potential health benefits
I remember way back in Jan when I started, proudly showing it to my GP and he was so impressed he jumped up from his seat, excitedly ran out to call in one of the other doctors for me to give him a "demo" too. I have to say, I loved the reaction - it was great!

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
Starlight, believe it or not i did order from a UK supplier. I wont name and shame anybody yet because it might just be a glitch with Royal Mail. Over a week is really crap delivery though dont you think, in this day and age,,shipping wasnt cheap either ! Gutted im back on the analogs as i was doing really well but i suppose we all have to make this journy with suppiers .

- John

To be fair. Royal Mail can be real slow. Some info I requested about an investment account arrived on the day of the deadline, six days after it'd been (allegedly) sent.

It pays to have a look at the feedback. There are a couple of real good UK suppliers out there ;)

HarrysNews

Jun 14, 2009
I agree with Caesarea completely.

E-Smokers must start making noises about the need for e-cigs to help them give up smoking.

In fact, there is already a campaigning organisation in the USA; Electronic Cigarette Association

(see YouTube for video)

If E-smokers do not put up a fight, they will find e-cigs banned.

With regard to the government being concerned about people's health - what a joke.

The government is concerned about maximising its revenue and its power. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread