e-cig battery lifespan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy

Aug 4, 2010
My House
2 months ago I ordered an eGo kit from cignot. Now unfortunately both batteries are depleting too fast.
1 battery dies mid day (if lucky), the other one barely lasts all day. When new, both batteries lasted 48 hours easily. This depletion just started 3 days ago. So my question is, is it normal for e-cigarette batteries to loose their charge hold within 2 months, or is it just Joye batts? A friend of mine also ordered his 510 kit when I did and one of his batteries has bit the dust completely.

If it's not normal for the lifespan to only be 2 months then what brands would you recommend for the 510 attys? In terms of lifespan and charge life.

P.S. is it safe to use a USB extension cord to charge the battery? The 1' cord is really inconvenient, as I don't charge my cig in the kitchen or bathroom. Just curious because I know when I use a USB extension on my phone, the touch screen gets erratic.

Last edited:

superfrog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
North Virginia
Well, I've been using 510/Magma, eGo, Inferno (recent), and a battery mod. I've never, not to say it doesn't, had a battery die that I didn't abuse. Then again, I also have 7 manuals between the gambet, and two auto's for the Magma (reserved for the Zombie survival kit) in a loose rotation.

I think that the rotation is more the key than anything else. Batteries, rechargeable or not, only have a finite lifespan. Some are better than others. Was actually surprised to see that it was an eGo, and seeing the amount of time you said you got off of one charge, I'm assuming that you either vaped lightly or you have a 900mAh battery. I do think two months is a little short, but it depends on alot of environmentals.

I personnaly like the eGo/vGo for all of my 3.7(ish) vaping, but if you are looking into something less 'desposable', I'd look into one of the mods. There are several basic 3.7vdc box mods out there, for around $30 or so, and you could even look into high voltage, or varible voltage mods. The nice thing about mods, when the batteries do die of old age, you get new batteries. Just pay heed to all of the battery warnings...

Lazy

Aug 4, 2010
My House
Yeah Cignot, is a great company. I've got nothing against them or Joye, as I know they're both quality companies that believe in what they do. Cignot's warranty is unfortunately only 7 days after purchase (which I think is because of how low of a price they offer) and does not cover battery degradation. As for vaping, I think I vape a lot, considering I refill (not top off) my cartridge multiple times a day. :shrug: the battery is the one that comes standard with the eGo which is 650mAh I believe.

Thanks foggy1, I'm gonna check out Liberty Flights.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Unfortunately this is going to be an issue with ALL stock batteries...
if you use LR atties on them it's going to be worse...

the harsh truth is that ALL stock batteries have a max drain rate that is lower than the amp draw of the atty at the voltage they're at so the simple act of using them overstresses the battery which causes a "rocky" buildup in the cell itself cutting down on the capacity between charges and the # of charges before the battery dies...

that being said it's kind of an informed choice if you feel you're getting your money's worth out of them while they're working...

2 month though does seem on the short side though (unless you're using it solely with LR atties)... I'd expect an average of 6 months (and anything past that I'd consider borrowed time)

the other truth to the matter is that the only battery where we're not going to see voltage sag and overstressed batteries no matter what atty you throw at it are: any 18650 size cell, the AW LiMN 16340, and the AW LiMN 14500 in a mod of some sort...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread