e cig help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mega11

Aug 21, 2010
New York
I've bought two different types of E cigs from the kiosk at my local mall. The first one was just about the size of an actual cig, but the vaper production was way to weak for me to quit smoking marlboro lights completely. I then bought what they claimed was their best new model, forgot what its called, and while im satisfied with the amount of vaper, the product is extremely flawed. The cartridges come prefilled with their standard liquid, i think its marlboro flavored, but its not as good a taste as another marlboro i tried. It must be smoked till it runs out before i can put new liquid in. Also, it wasnt designed to be refilled, so the top has to be pried open with a pin. Basically every single time i try and pry it open to refill i struggle with it and sometimes the hole widens to the point its unusable. That is really my main gripe. It doesnt make sense to me that the user should be forced to smoke the prefilled nicotine before they can put the flavor in that they want, and on top of that the product is not designed to be refilled!?? Even though everyone still refills them.

Ive already dropped a bunch of money on these two products, and i now realize the mall kiosk brands are not the way to go. tobaccolesscigarettes.com is their website, theyre subpar. My next product i want to buy online.

I've been reading some e cig review sites, and i have to say im overwhelmed by all of the choices. Given that the first two products ive bought have been costly failures, I want to make the right decision here.

I guess what im looking for would be a product that is easy to refill, is at least somewhat small enough that i can pretend its a cigerette, produces solid hits of vapor, and the marlboro flavor doesnt leave a wierd aftertaste like the product im using currently, although I can live with the taste if i have to, i have been getting used to it and all my friends say it tastes fine.

Im still smoking 8-10 marlboro lights a day because i havent gotten around to buying new cartidges lately. I live on Long Island and cigs are 10 dollars a pack. I have to stop and i know these ecigs can work for me.

Really need some input from e cig vets on a good product for me, thanks in advance for any input!

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I made the same mistake you did. I bought from a mall kiosk and got a piece of junk. But, I don't consider it a waste of money because I saw that I could actually quit smoking if I found a product that actually worked the way it should. I did my research and found this forum in the process. The reviews helped me make an informed decision based on the experience of others.

What I ended up with was a Joye 510, some spare parts, and juice. This model is only slightly larger than a 100 cig. That was about 2 months ago. I've only had 2 cig's since, and they tasted absolutely disgusting. So if I can quit after 30+ years of smoking I think anyone can, if they get the right product for their needs. Read more reviews and ask questions here on ECF before you make a purchase, and you'll likely find what you're looking for.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Welcome mega. Most of us make a mistake the first time out. I bought a sub-par overpriced ecig when I started too.
You should read this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...st-electronic-cigarette-first-time-vaper.html and then ask us some more questions.
The one you were describing that you had to pry the end off of sounds like a unit that uses cartomizers such as the kr808 D-1, which is a good starter. You can get a good quality kit from some of the online venders for around $35.00 Here's an example. https://vaporsetc.com/vaporkits2.asp

I too was first introduced to e-cigs at the mall. What I have found is that the products are way over priced and they do not want you to refill them. they want to sell you more cartridges. That is not the way to go. It is great that the kiosks exist because they get us thinking about using the product but the web is a much better source for starter kits and supplies. I have purchased from a couple of different websites, but my favorite is "route66vapor.com". I think the e-nic you should probably get is the Joyetech 510. This is the most reliable and reasonably priced. You can get it in different colors and the cartridges are easily refillable. Get a starter kit for about 45.00 and a couple of bottles of juice and check out you tube videos on how to refill or just search this forum and you will find a ton of great info.
Dont get frustrated, This is a great way to quit smoking while still enjoying the nicotine.
Happy vaping!

maclean

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2010
italy
I guess what im looking for would be a product that is easy to refill, is at least somewhat small enough that i can pretend its a cigerette, produces solid hits of vapor, and the marlboro flavor doesnt leave a wierd aftertaste

Two good choices are the Joye 510 or Joye eGo (aka Tornado or Riva). These are both good e-cigs with all replaceable parts (and interchangable between the 2 models, apart from the batteries). The cartridges are refillable in both (they use the same carts).

The main difference between the 2 is battery power/life. The 510 batteries average about 1-2 hours then need to be recharged. The eGo batts average 6-10 hours. This also means that the eGo is slightly bigger, so if you definitely want cigarette size, go for the 510.

As far as vapor and flavor goes, that's entirely up to you because it depends totally on the juice you use. Most people who refill their own carts buy juice separately, either pre-flavored, or add their own flavors. Usually, the juice that comes with a cig isn't that wonderful, so you have far more control over the quality by doing it yourself. And it's not difficult at all. If you can mix a cocktail, you can mix juice - lol.

Check the library and the other forums for detailed comparisons of e-cigs. There are plenty of user reports on both models.

mac

I've been vaping for 50 days now, started with a KR808 tried refilling them, hated the flavor and pain of the cartomizers. I bought a 901 atty, and then a couple weeks ago got a 3.7v mod. A 901 will run you around 45 dollars for a kit with 2 batteries an atomizers and some cartridges. You will LOVE vaping once you get the right setup.

Three4Me

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2010
NC
I was ready to buy a prosmoke before I found this forum. I am so glad I took the advice I got here and bought an eGo. At first I thought I wanted something that looked like an analog but most people stated that you get over that and end up really wanting more out of your e-cig (vapor/flavors/battery life)... I can say I am extremely happy with everything the eGo has to offer. I love all the flavors I have tried so far, the vapor output is more than I expected and the battery lasts me 24hrs. if not more (I was a light smoker so I probably don't vape as much as others). So I guess I would have to suggest the eGo. Don't get discouraged, there is one out there that is perfect for you :)

toothboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
Another vote here for the eGo/Riva (I have both). I went through 901s, 501s, 501 megas, and the eGo is what really has produced the best experience for me.

Another thing...don't make the mistake I did and spend alot of money on ....ty e-juice. Get yourself some Alien Visions brand or Backwoods Brew and you'll be much happier.

Also try out one of the cart mods (I use the ZFM). I, like you, was very frustrated on the initial amount of $$ I spent that didn't give me the results I wanted. But spend some time here on the forums, read, listen, ask questions, and you'll find what works best for you. It took awhile for me, but I definitely have "gotten there".

syntaxic

Aug 22, 2010
Lexington, KY
I'll definitely second the 510. I've been using it for about a year now and it's been nothing but fantastic. It's small enough that it has the feel of a cig, and as mentioned above, the carts are designed to be refillable. It's also great on the vapor output.

Buying the juice over the prefilled carts is, imo, definitely the way to go. As far as juice, I buy pretty much exclusively from Johnson Creek Smoke Juice as they're located in the US and have a black cherry flavor that I love. They also list their ingredients, which is a big plus for me.

Good luck!

I'll definitely second the 510. I've been using it for about a year now and it's been nothing but fantastic. It's small enough that it has the feel of a cig, and as mentioned above, the carts are designed to be refillable. It's also great on the vapor output.

Buying the juice over the prefilled carts is, imo, definitely the way to go. As far as juice, I buy pretty much exclusively from Johnson Creek Smoke Juice as they're located in the US and have a black cherry flavor that I love. They also list their ingredients, which is a big plus for me.

Good luck!

I find Johnson's Creek "extra flavor" really nasty, and everyone I know that has tried them mostly agrees. Not sure where that extra flavor comes from, but I won't be buying from them again. Eliquidplanet has so far been my favorite juice vendor, and it's American juice too, which is a plus, because it seems like too many bad things come from China.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I'd definitely recommend you get the Ego over the 510. The main advantage would be the battery life on the Ego, but it also (atleast to me) does not look and feel like those cigarettes that we have given up. Fantastic vapor amount and it feels "warm" thanks to the cone over the atomizer. Not sure if that would help tip the scales in it's favour as far as your concerned, but it did for me.

Best of luck with quitting the analogs. You will not regret it when you finally do.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread