E cig not satisfying me

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibox

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2010
MA
I have the e cig 808 dui and it is not strong enogh for me,. I keep on thinking of analog cigg's. It feels like i am missing something. I smoked 2 1/2 packs of cigg everyday. Maybe i need a 5v device but cant get one now because i just purchased this one three weeks ago. I wish there was a place where you can try different one's before you buy one. But since i have been vaping here in boston the last three weeks i have to say atleast 30 people have come up to me asking what is that and how does it work. It's a great feeling to tell someone about it and have there eye's light up, and they feel that it's possible to stop smoking analog cigaretts. It makes me feel good !

Love you all chibox

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Two things I'd try before going to 5v. LR Cartos are available for the 808 and an inexpensive way to simulate 5v vaping also I'd up the nic level which sounds like your biggest issues. While higher voltage will give you a stronger hit if you're not getting the nic level that you're needing it won't really help things.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
They mean an actual e-cig shop.

And yes, I think you might want to try a higher mg. nicotine than you are currently using. Do you know what you are currently vaping? I have done fine w/ 11-18mg, but I did not smoke over a pack a day.

There is plenty of information on this site!

Best wishes, and ask away.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Chibox, if it's throat hit you're missing up your nic and go with PG if it's vapor up your VG content. However, you might be missing more than that. There are lots of things in Cigs that you can't get from vaping. A lot of people supplement with Snuss or Snuff. They should supply you with the extra's you might be missing without having to smoke. The higher voltage or lower resistance are pretty much the same thing. It just puts more heat to your juice and provides a bigger hit.

If you are like me and on a budget, you might want to try and build a Mod. That is the cheapest way to try out higher temp vaping. MadVapes has some great kits that are very simple to put together. It saves a ton of money and it's also nice to know you can make one yourself.

Good luck and happy vaping. Peace!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
What flavor are you vaping? And what nicotine level? I never feel satisfied on fruity or foody flavors - they actually do the opposite to me and make me feel like I ate. Have you tried a variety of tobacco flavors? Vapor4Life sells a lot of filled cartos for KR808D-1. I think their WOW 555 is nice. I haven't tried many but they have a WOW tobacco sampler and a couple of other tobacco samplers. They also sell empty cartos - I like their Coolcarts.

I can get by with good TH and hardly any flavor (like Dekang PG juice) or medium TH w/ comforting tobacco flavors. I like Turkish blends (often called Camel, or Desert Ship, and I think Dark Vapure and DK-TAB are turkish blends).

If you fill some of your own cartos, FreedomSmokeUSA has a lot of tobacco ejuices. Only some are available as sample size and samples at fixed PG/VG and 24mg only. In their normal Tobacco section there are lots more and the smallest bottle is $4. Lots of tobacco flavors.

And BTW - something else you can do with KR808D-1 battery is put a DSE901 atty w/ 901 carts or drip tip on it (or 510 atty using an adapter and 510 carts or drip tip). The KR8's battery is equal or superior anyway so it's a fairly cheap way to try carts (and dripping if you have manual batteries because they have the hole in the end blocked off). Just something to keep in mind.

And BTW - if you need to buy any replacement parts, verify that your unit is indeed a KR808D-1 then don't pay more than $18 for a battery. Some rebranders charge up to $50 for a battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread