Help needed on first E-Cig purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekda

Aug 11, 2010
Las Vegas NV
Ok I have searched the forum and have found that many of you have pointed many newbs to the E-Go E-Cigg so at this point this is the device I am leaning towards this one.

Now the next question is where to purchase this unit if this is even the device I want also how much E-Cigg stuff should I order on my first purchase.....keep in mind I smoke a pack a day and NEVER wanna have a analog smoke again.

Thanks and by the way I am in Vegas and would rather pick this up in real life so I can start smoking this ASAP

Thanks again

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Thats a great choice. I dont have one myself because I still want my pv to resemble a cig shape but the ego would def be much better in practical performance (battery life) than a 510.
Ive never heard of an atual store that sells egos but I could be wrong. You can usually get an online shipment to your door very quickly with same day delivery. 2-3 days average no matter where you order from. Many places sell them, you could look at the suppliers listed on this forum and see where each is located if you want someone closer to home.

one of my cigs is a SS Choice No.7. i got the micro starter kit which came with two batts, a charger, two high bridge atty's and 5 carts (which weren't worth a dam). i was planning on dripping so i didnt care about the prefilled carts that came with the kit.
each batt will go about half a day so while i'm using one i have the other on the charger.
I used to smoke one PAD of full flavors and this kit is doing a good job of keeping me from smoking.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
i ordered my ecig, an eGo, from a Nevada supplier, Nicotine Nirvana. for 75 bucks (free shipping), you get TWO full eGo sets. i have had mine for 3 weeks and they are powerhouse ecigs.
after 27 years of smoking analogs, pack plus a day, i have been smoke free for 3 weeks.
i recommend freedomsmokeusa for ejuice. also backwoods brew (though i havent tried it, but it is my number one choice for my next ejuice order)

Ok I have searched the forum and have found that many of you have pointed many newbs to the E-Go E-Cigg so at this point this is the device I am leaning towards this one.

Now the next question is where to purchase this unit if this is even the device I want also how much E-Cigg stuff should I order on my first purchase.....keep in mind I smoke a pack a day and NEVER wanna have a analog smoke again.

Thanks and by the way I am in Vegas and would rather pick this up in real life so I can start smoking this ASAP

Thanks again

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I went from 510 to an eGo recently, both from Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store.. Both my orders made it to Hawaii in 4 days or less, which is amazing to me. Its well worth the extra size to have a battery that goes at least 2-3x longer if not more. Great vapor production, very stylish, and I like the weight balance of the device. Just make sure you get some empty carts and ejuice so you don't run out before your next order gets to you.

Let us know how it goes for you, love hearing about first day experiences.

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
Not sure where you can get an EGO locally, but you might also want to check out the RIVA and the Hello. They are similar to the EGO, but less expensive and the batteries have a higher mAH which means they will last longer. mAH for each is as follows I believe:
EGO 650
Riva and EGO XL 900
Hello 1300
Check the site your ordering from because I could be off a little on the mAH.
Whatever you purchase you should buy the following items to start with:
2 Batteries
2 Atomizers or at least 10 Cartos depending on model purchased
A charger
A PCC if you buy a 510
30 ml of juice- I would probably buy 6 5ml packages in different flavors and 3 of those 18mg and 3 24mg nicotine.

These are what I would recommend as the minimum requirements to start and not run out before you can get more supplies.

Zekda

Aug 11, 2010
Las Vegas NV
i ordered my ecig, an eGo, from a Nevada supplier, Nicotine Nirvana. for 75 bucks (free shipping), you get TWO full eGo sets. i have had mine for 3 weeks and they are powerhouse ecigs.
after 27 years of smoking analogs, pack plus a day, i have been smoke free for 3 weeks.
i recommend freedomsmokeusa for ejuice. also backwoods brew (though i havent tried it, but it is my number one choice for my next ejuice order)

Alright so you suggest Nicotine Nivana for the Ecig and Freedomsmokeusa for ejuice....now does the place I buy the Ecig from not have ejuice for my ecig?

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
I personally use a KR808D-1 (V4L - Vapor King), but If you've already made up your mind, I won't try to change it.

As far as never having an analog again. That was my goal. It didn't work for me. Some people start vaping and never touch another cigarette. It took me over a month. (partly due to equipment problems). But remember, there are 4000 other chemicals other than nicotine in cigarettes. Some of them are very addictive. If it takes you a little longer, don't beat yourself up! You will eventually make it. I had a relapse at the end of July and sucked down 6 analogs over a 2 day period. But I've been totally smoke free since August 1st.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Pretty much any place you buy an e-cig from is going to have juice. But some juice is "better" than other juice. Since you're new, it's probably more important that you start with a really really good juice, because if you were to start with a bad one, it might negatively impact your start into vaping. I have no experience with Nicotine Nirvana's juice; I believe some have spoken well of it.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
I'm relatively new to vaping and I went in with the "that's it, once I get it I'm quitting analogs" attitude....I was back to smoking my American Spirits the next day (in addition to vaping). My mistake was simply not ordering juice with a high enough nicotine content. Even though I'm vaping like a madman I'm still having nicotine withdrawal symptoms.

My admittedly noob advice is go for the highest nicotine content you think you can stand, at least at first. If you're smoking a pack a day like I am I'd recommend going for whatever is considered "high" nicotine content on the site you order from. Personally I'd rather have too much and simply vape less than not enough and crave a cigarette. Thats just my 2 cents.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
I'm relatively new to vaping and I went in with the "that's it, once I get it I'm quitting analogs" attitude....I was back to smoking my American Spirits the next day (in addition to vaping). My mistake was simply not ordering juice with a high enough nicotine content. Even though I'm vaping like a madman I'm still having nicotine withdrawal symptoms.

My admittedly noob advice is go for the highest nicotine content you think you can stand, at least at first. If you're smoking a pack a day like I am I'd recommend going for whatever is considered "high" nicotine content on the site you order from. Personally I'd rather have too much and simply vape less than not enough and crave a cigarette. Thats just my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more. Most people will tell you to order a very low nic content to start out with. I did the opposite and went with the highest available from my first e-cigarette vendor (which was 16mg). I figured that if I was a heavy smoker, it wouldn't make much sense to go with a lower dosage. I now vape between 18 and 24mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread