The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

E-cig not working.

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by ollie williamson, Feb 27, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ollie williamson

ollie williamson Full Member

Feb 27, 2018
    I bought a TECC arc slim 2 months ago, I haven’t had any problems with it except now. All of a sudden, the cig just shut off, and it only works when it’s plugged in, I’ve tried using different USB cables, it’s definitely turned on. And I cannot find a solution on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    From the warranty section on your device: The batteries and tanks contained in each kit have a 28-day parts warranty.
    Looks like you got 30 days beyond without trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ollie williamson

Feb 27, 2018
    But I’ve had no trouble with it before, no dropping it, not exposing it to freezing or very hot temps etc

• Like Like x 1
  4. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Batteries can die and not take a charge

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ollie williamson

Feb 27, 2018
    it works when it’s charging, but it says full battery when it’s charging, as soon as I take it off charge, it just shuts off.

6. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    You are probably able to vape off the charger, but not the battery.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    What device is it? if it is one of the cig-a-likes the batteries are usually not long lasting

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nevermind saw you listed it and looked it up. Looks like a take off on istick

• Like Like x 1
  9. ollie williamson

Feb 27, 2018
    I had a different TECC one before, worked perfect for well over a year, I just can’t seem to find the cause or a solution.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    It pretty much has to be the internal battery

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. ollie williamson

Feb 27, 2018
    Is there anyway I can fix it without taking it apart? Or will the place I got it from repair it/replace it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Sky Island
    If you understand the wiring and circuitry.

When I quit cigs, I told myself to spend the same amount, initially, so long as I don't smoke. I followed a lot of discussions and realized that some manufacturers are looking for a fast buck.

Also, they say to have a back-up and a back-up for the back-up. That way, you have something until you get a new mod. Whenever I bought a mod, I bought better than what I had...because I learned.

I don't mind learning.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I would advice buying an external battery device.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It's your battery and frankly, I think you got lucky with the first one (unless you were using it less, and dual using cigarettes and etc.) Batteries tend to only hold a charge for a specified period of time, and the 28 day warranty tells you something-- this is designed more as a disposable device, not something you can use for years at a stretch.

It may be possible to replace the battery, but really I'd leave that to someone who knows what they are doing. I'm doubtful the company will replace/warranty without charge, and honestly, you can do much better in a device.

I agree with Letitia's suggestion, look for a small, external battery mod where you can remove the battery and recharge it, and then replace the batteries when they start to wear out. I might suggest a pico 25 mod, they currently have a newest one that uses a single 18650 battery and the size is nice, it's a very portable unit, and while it isn't "stick style" it's really a comfortable form factor in the hand. There are also lots of other nice options, but the pico is a good fit for many who are looking for a small, portable device. I might suggest buying the mod and the tank separately, as the "kit" has a Melo III tank, which isn't really so MTL in my opinion. Good MTL tanks include the Nautilus 2, or any tank that takes the Joytech CLR 1.0 ohm coils (say, the Tron-S, the Ego One Mega V2, etc.) but using those coils, not the proprietary coils that come with it. The CLR coils get great coil life and flavor, and are very easy to rebuild and rewick as well, if you get to that point.

Good luck, I'd suggest, really, moving up to a more reliable device, that has more options for resistance of coils, airflow, variable wattage, etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.