e-cig spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

old_geezer

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2014
Lansing, MI USA
I only registered my email on 2 places e-cig related. Here and madvapes. But instantly got flooded with Free E-Cigarette and Trial E-Cigarette spam. Is it just me? I wonder what site is selling our info? I'll make a couple of dummy gmail accounts and report back on who is spamming us. ECFJoe@gmail.com and MADVAPESJOE@Gmail.com I'll go register each at it's spot and see who gets spam flooded. Not those exact names, but something like that. And sure, it might be in the TOS to flood me with spam. But it's nice to know also.

- Joe

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I am getting flooded with e cig spam as well. But I'm also getting flooded with tons of spam unrelated to any of my online activity. Home refinance (don't own one), ...... (I'm a chick), magazines I don't read, etc. I think e cigs are just popular and are now a common topic for spam. Thankfully my email has a great spam filter!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Since I've been on here for well over three years - and I've never registered at madvapes - and it's never happened, I don't know what to tell ya. The only e-cig e-mail I have ever got was from places I wanted to get it from, where I signed up for their newsletter.

Are you sure you don't have some kind of malware on your system? Run a full scan lately?

Don't use G-mail either, which has its own marketing practices you know.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I only registered my email on 2 places e-cig related. Here and MadVapes. But instantly got flooded with Free E-Cigarette and Trial E-Cigarette spam. Is it just me? I wonder what site is selling our info? I'll make a couple of dummy gmail accounts and report back on who is spamming us. ECFJoe@gmail.com and MADVAPESJOE@Gmail.com I'll go register each at it's spot and see who gets spam flooded. Not those exact names, but something like that. And sure, it might be in the TOS to flood me with spam. But it's nice to know also.

- Joe

Considering Google targets adds based on where you've been, you need look no further than the search service you're using.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Considering Google targets ads based on where you've been, you need look no further than the search service you're using.

i beg to differ! ;) i've had the same email account with gmail for years and get very little spam - none of them e-cig related. the 2 or 3 i find daily in my spam box are promising sure-fire 'enlargements' and i can assure you i do not visit those sites! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread