E Cig with out strong hit to throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwtx

Aug 11, 2011
Texas
I have smoked over 40yrs have tried to quit have not suceded. I smoke Marlboro Reds short in a box. Have tried 2 different E Cig with diposable cartridge they both had a strog throat hit this is what I do not like. Tried two different nicotine levels and flavors still the same strong throat hit. Do they make one that gives the nicotine without the strong throat hit?

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
Are you using the proper inhale technique for ecigs? Draw slowwly for 3-5 seconds, holding vape in mouth, then inhale. If you draw it straight in like an analog most get a coughing fit. This might be what you are mistaking for "throat hit" which to me is the analog like feel on the back of your throat when you inhale. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference. As a Marb Red smoker you should be used to a strong throat hit already.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Anyone I let try my pv seems to get a very harsh hit. If you do a direct lung inhale without first having it in mouth, it tends to be much more harsh. I find I hit an ecig much differently than I did cigarettes. I never truly inhale deep. The nicotine level has a lot to do with harshness. pg bases liquids are much too harsh for me. I like a blend of pg and vg. Some flavors are more harsh than others. The cartomizer can add harshness as well, especially if it isn't properly wet. Vaping really is a game of trial and error until you find a nice combination that really fits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread