Not open for further replies.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Ok, I got this one.. about the same :
E-cigarette row could block new EU tobacco rules - diplomats | Reuters

and they still do not have any flipping idea about vaping!
"I don't think we will get a deal on e-cigarettes," said one EU diplomat close to the talks, who spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to talk to journalists.

The main sticking point is the parliament's demand that e-cigarettes can be sold with refillable nicotine cartridges, rather than as single-use items as demanded by member states.

Several governments, including Britain and Germany, are concerned that at the nicotine concentration level of 20 milligrams per millilitre being discussed, one 10 ml refill cartridge would contain more nicotine than a carton of 200 cigarettes.

10 ml = 1 carton of cigarettes.. where do they get that trash from? Mother Goose fairy tales? :blink:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
And as I've mentioned elsewhere, where did they come up with a "10 ml refill cartridge "???? These "experts" who are decided our future evidently don't know the difference between a cartridge and a bottle of e-liquid...

Double Face Palm.jpg

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
An un-burned cigarette contains between 10 mg and 25 mg of nicotine, so a pack at the low end has 200 mg of nic, a carton 2,000....so at 20 mg per mL of juice this would be 100 mL...:facepalm:
They evidently can't handle simple math, but can ruin lives anyway

p.s. if anyone has a link for the 10 mL cartridges please post, I'll try one...
but would have to pass on the 100 mL tank...:laugh:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Aaaaaaand... herein lies the danger of trying to equate ecigs with tobacco cigs, the trap ANTZ and prohibitionists have built for themselves and fallen right into. There is (I hazard to state boldly) *NO* direct across-the-board equivalence. Not between milliliters of e-liquid to number of cigarettes. Not between strength of nicotine in e-liquid to same in cigarettes. Not between nicotine absorbed from ecigs to that absorbed from cigarettes. The products are simply too diverse, both between categories and w/in each category.

This bumbling fanaticism by the tobacco control "experts" is making me very cross...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread