Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
TropicalBob said:
I think the biggest hurdle for e-smoking is the legal issue. These will pop onto the government radar some day soon. If they are legal to buy and use, then you might be right that Big tobacco has the funds and power to purchase the e-cig makers (America's big guys have been trying their best to buy the big Swedish snus makers). And it's true that Big tobacco already has access to the base product. And this is a lifelong addiction.
quote]

Which makes Big tobacco our natural ally. The downside that I see to BT getting involved is that I liked escaping the tobacco taxes. BUt once they slap a Marlboro label on it, they'll close that loophole like lightning!

leaford said:
Which makes Big Tobacco our natural ally. The downside that I see to BT getting involved is that I liked escaping the tobacco taxes. BUt once they slap a Marlboro label on it, they'll close that loophole like lightning!

I think we could avoid that as we are interested in only a part of the leaf -- not the whole thing... Technically, it would not be a tobacco product; it would be a nicotine product derived from tobacco. Could they tax that? If there were a corn tax would ethanol be taxed as well? Any pre-law students among us? Might be a nice specialty to look into! :cool:

BTW Leaford; I really like the quote in your signature--who said that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread