E Juice and the Canadian Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from Windsor ON Canada with just a bridge and tunnel away from Detroit Michigan. There are quite a few more Vape shops just across the border but I was wondering am I allowed legally to cross back into Canada with e juice? We have found that we really like Moshi e juice from vapemoshi.com but there are a few E juice companies from the states that I really want to try. I know I could probably not declare it but I dont want to loose my freedom to cross for something that simple either.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Do get your extra post in quick if you want to make it this hour!

If you've been reading in the Canada forum, I'm sure you realize how bizarre that situation is. I've been trying to follow many of the national forums, but Canada is the one that confuses me the most! HC "doesn't approve" of e-liquids with nicotine, and although that is not legal justification for customs to reject them, they do nonetheless. Yet nic e-liquids are freely for sale in Canada?

Is there a dollar limit below what you need to declare when going through customs? If so, just stay below that limit.

Can you get concentrated nic in Canada? If so, by 0mg liquids, and add Canadian nic once you get back home.

And will Canada actually revoke your right to re-enter the country if you have problems at the border? Not sure I can see how they could (been several years since I visited, but when I did you went through US customs on the way to the US, and Canadian customs going to Canada. So you could go to the US (since US customs wouldn't give a damn) but then as a Canadian citizen they wouldn't let you back into Canada? Not a likely scenario, IMHO. But perhaps Canada is even weirder than I thought.....

Do get your extra post in quick if you want to make it this hour!

If you've been reading in the Canada forum, I'm sure you realize how bizarre that situation is. I've been trying to follow many of the national forums, but Canada is the one that confuses me the most! HC "doesn't approve" of e-liquids with nicotine, and although that is not legal justification for customs to reject them, they do nonetheless. Yet nic e-liquids are freely for sale in Canada?

Is there a dollar limit below what you need to declare when going through customs? If so, just stay below that limit.

Can you get concentrated nic in Canada? If so, by 0mg liquids, and add Canadian nic once you get back home.

And will Canada actually revoke your right to re-enter the country if you have problems at the border? Not sure I can see how they could (been several years since I visited, but when I did you went through US customs on the way to the US, and Canadian customs going to Canada. So you could go to the US (since US customs wouldn't give a damn) but then as a Canadian citizen they wouldn't let you back into Canada? Not a likely scenario, IMHO. But perhaps Canada is even weirder than I thought.....

They cannot revoke my right to enter the country I live in and was born in but if you get caught bringing stuff back that is not allowed it will make for a very miserable border crossing for along time. They will pull you in for inspection every time you cross and tear your car apart too. There are several Canadian e juice companies and yeah in short they want to implement bans in public places just like cigarettes because it looks like smoke. No Canada isn't that weird. But my dad is an American and a lot of time when we go on vacation it cheaper to fly out of Detroit so I don't want to make coming back home a pain in the ... over e juice. I just don't know if Health Canada or our version of the FDA has put regulations on. Ignorance is no excuse at the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread